We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

delia smith cake in a bag

2»

Comments

  • jcr16
    jcr16 Posts: 4,185 Forumite
    LJM wrote: »
    thats not bad i suppose, we dont have a waitrose here

    yes we do now, it opened 6th of nov i think it was, it's down east cowes right next to ferry terminal. not been there yet tho.
  • LJM
    LJM Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    may have to pop down there to have a look,just to be nosey why couldnt we have had asda rather than waitrose
    :xmastree:Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life :xmastree:
  • jcr16
    jcr16 Posts: 4,185 Forumite
    i know, but hey if asda does come where they think it might, least it only a 2 min drive.
  • LJM
    LJM Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    yep that would be good close to us too
    :xmastree:Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life :xmastree:
  • kika
    kika Posts: 656 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    I said I'd post after xmas. Cake was better than my old recipe. The fruit was soaked in brandy and cake wasn't dry.
    long haul no 65:sad:
    Official DFW nerd no 783
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    valentina wrote: »
    It's all in the bag except eggs, icing, marzipan, butter, lemon & orange zest.
    So, except most of it then.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    If I were baking/similar regularly, I'd just have a big weigh-out every 2-3 months and bag up my own breads, cakes, etc.

    I do something like that for dumplings. I buy a bag of suet and a bag of flour and chuck them into a tupperware box with a dash of salt. When I want dumplings I shake the box, then spoon out how much mix I need.
  • Vaila
    Vaila Posts: 6,301 Forumite
    seems just like the cake mixes that you can already buy, nothing new !
  • rosie383
    rosie383 Posts: 4,981 Forumite
    Am I the only one who thought this was a recipe for a cake that could maybe be made in a bag in the microwave????????:o
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
    :D:D:D
  • LJM
    LJM Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    rosie383 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thought this was a recipe for a cake that could maybe be made in a bag in the microwave????????:o
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:


    lol:rotfl:
    :xmastree:Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life :xmastree:
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.