🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Which Card?

Options
I borrowed fairly heavily on my credit card just over 12 months ago (to make up part of my deposit for a house purchase - I know it wasn't the best idea!) Anyway I currently have a 0% rate with Virgin ending end of December 2010 and am looking for another card to transfer to (ideally all the balance but I'm realistic and doubt this will be possible!)

I earn £25,350

I have the following cards
Virgin - using 6000 of 7500
M+S - using 1800 of 6000 - normally paid off in full but only made minnimum payments in June/July/Aug/Sept due to an unexpected expense but am now bringing this back down. They have just increased my credit limit to 6K (from 5K).

My bank account (Barclays) is currently in credit (just been paid) but I do tend to use my overdraft (£1,500 available)

I have a clean credit history with no missed payments

Obvious option seems Barclaycard Plat. but I am concious that I have quite a high available credit for my salary and also that I don't meet the "debt no more than 10% of salary" criteria listed on their website.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family