Big income from Casback C/C is it possible?

Options
Jut though if it was possible to make transfer of money from my cashback card to some account without it is being shown as cash advance but a purchase - so no cah advance fee/interest was charged and to do it many many times and make up a high ammount of money from it. The only option I was able to think off wasto get 5% cashback card from Amex and transfer money to PayPal account and pay off c/c balance in full with the same money, however paypal charges over 3% per this kind of transaction and that would still be fine if not a maximaum limit of £100 you can get a cashback from this Amex deal so a proffit of around £25 makes it no worth of hassle. I have a cashback card with 1% unlimited cashback but how do I get away with transfer being shown as a purchase ? Any ideas ?

Comments

• jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    It can't be done or we would all be doing it wouldn't we!
  • opinions4u
    opinions4u Posts: 19,411 Forumite
    Options
    I did make £1,000 a year in cashback on my Halifax card for a period. And around £2,000 a year in Goldfish points. I still have 20,000 unspent airmiles and also got £2,000 of points of a Vauxhall car.

This was via a matched betting system that involved 20+ bookmakers and deposits via credit card and one hell of a big turnover of funds.

Alas, the modest 0.5%-1.0% of profits made on the betting became worthless once the credit card industry started treating gambling transactions as cash advances and charging fees of 2.5% plus. Then the bookies closed in on me and reduced my maximum stakes by 95%, meaning the profit wasn't worth the effort anymore.

So in answer to your question, nothing that will make it worthwhile today. It was damned good while it lasted!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure