Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

The bradford toy library 503944

HI,
THE BRADFORD TOY LIBRARY IS SMALL CHARITY SET UP BY
PETER COREY AT ST LUKES HOSPITAL IN BRADFORD WEST YORKSHIRE SOME 30 YEARS AGO, TO HELP CHILDREN WITH SPECIAL NEEDS PLAY.
WE OFFER CHILDREN, YOUNG PEOPLE AND THEIR FAMILIES THE CHANCE TO PLAY TOGETHER AND BE INVOLVED IN FAMILY THEMED ACTIVITIES.
WE OFFER SPECAILIST TOYS AND EQUIPMENT ON A 4 WEEK LOAN BASIS.
WE WOULD LIKE YOUR HELP.
if you like to know more about the toy library check us out
www.thebradfordtoylibrary.com

Dear All,
The Bradford toy library is through to the final 3 in the Natwest
support your community fund.
Thank you for all who voted for us last time.
Please can I ask to vote for us again.
Please follow the link
https://communityfund.natwest.com/Vote

type in the postcode BD5 0na
select a branch wibsey fair road
select vote for the Bradford toy library
and fill in your details

please feel free to pass this email on,
as the more votes we get the better our chances of getting £3000.00 first and £1000 for the 2 runners up
for the toy library.

Thank you for taking the time to complete this process

Michelle Neale
Bradford toy library

Comments

• thelawnet
    thelawnet Posts: 2,577 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    the caps lock key is over there <

The Natwest Community Fund is supposed to be for the LOCAL community, not for random people typing in false addresses.

If you don't live in Bradford, you can't vote.
  • Hi thelawnet,
    If you look at the FAQ It clearly states any member of the public can vote.
    It doesn't say you need to live in the area.
    Dont understand your negativity, if you have ever met a child with severe physical difficulties then surely you wouldn't begrudge a teletubby toy been adapted with a switch. Which for your information is £30 toy £125 ish for the switch, this cost is out of most parents reach so the loan service is invaluable to them.
    Its up to other people to look and see if they want to vote
  • thelawnet
    thelawnet Posts: 2,577 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi thelawnet,
    If you look at the FAQ It clearly states any member of the public can vote.
    It doesn't say you need to live in the area.
    Dont understand your negativity, if you have ever met a child with severe physical difficulties then surely you wouldn't begrudge a teletubby toy been adapted with a switch. Which for your information is £30 toy £125 ish for the switch, this cost is out of most parents reach so the loan service is invaluable to them.

I'm not begrudging anyone anything, but by encouraging people to vote for your charity, you're taking money away from the other two charities on the shortlist who are likewise deserving.

People would be better off voting in their local area.

It clearly says:
    "Please enter your postcode and then select your local branch from the list"

That's YOUR postcode and YOUR local branch. Not somebody else's postcode 200 miles away.
  • Hello I've voted and yes Im local :) Can I ask is there any support play groups for children with aspergers/ sensory problems?
  • Hi Skellet,
    firstly thank you very much every vote helps.
    we run a coffee morning every friday 10 -12 all welcome what ever your disability.
    As for other things in the area have you heard of badasg, Bradford and district autism support group based opposite the new police station in Bradford.
    Also barnado's on queens road they will have lots of different groups in the area, you could contact your local childrens centre, depending on where you live, I know that burnett fields offers some groups.
    Failing that contact the childrens information link.
    Hope that helps
  • Hi Skellet,
    firstly thank you very much every vote helps.
    we run a coffee morning every friday 10 -12 all welcome what ever your disability.
    As for other things in the area have you heard of badasg, Bradford and district autism support group based opposite the new police station in Bradford.
    Also barnado's on queens road they will have lots of different groups in the area, you could contact your local childrens centre, depending on where you live, I know that burnett fields offers some groups.
    Failing that contact the childrens information link.
    Hope that helps
    Hello, yes I attend Badasg :j
    The coffeee morning wouldnt be any good for me though as she attend school, thanks though and I hope you succeed!
  • td
    td Posts: 362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I don't understand your negativity - are you naive enough to think the other charities aren't trying to drum up support for their charity in the same way? I don't understand why people who are so uncharitable in their responses would be looking on a charities board!
  • Hello all,
    Just an update The Bradford Toy Library won the £3000 so thank you, very much if you voted for us.
    The money is going to be used to continue the Teenzone Youth Group for young people 11 to 25 with specail needs.
    we can run this group every Monday evening and one Saturday a month for the next 12 months
    so Thank You very much for your support
  • Hello all,
    Just an update The Bradford Toy Library won the £3000 so thank you, very much if you voted for us.
    The money is going to be used to continue the Teenzone Youth Group for young people 11 to 25 with specail needs.
    we can run this group every Monday evening and one Saturday a month for the next 12 months
    so Thank You very much for your support

Well done!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family