We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Cleaning Le Creuset

I wonder if anyone out there can help. I have a large Le Creuset casserole dish which I have had for many years and was getting quite stained inside so I decided to soak it overnight in biological washing detergent to try and bring out the stains. This was a BIG mistake as I now can't get rid of the smell.

I won't go into the culinary disaster that was last nights dinner, but if anyone has any tips to neutralise the smell I would be forever grateful.
«1

Comments

  • floss2
    floss2 Posts: 8,030 Forumite
    Put your rubber gloves on, get your bicarb and a piece of green plastic scourer out, dampen the scourer, put some bicarb into the pan and rub it with the scourer.

    It will neutralise the smell, and should help remove some of the stains - it works for mine!
  • adelight
    adelight Posts: 2,658 Forumite
    Speaking of le creuset, some of the products are on offer on brandalley atm, 20-40% off I believe.
    Living cheap in central London :rotfl:
  • I invested in a bottle of their cleaning solution, its about a fiver but a little goes a long way, that would probably be best. If not, I would try boiling up some bicarb soda.
    But don't scrub it with a scourer as written above, it will take off the coating!
  • JanCee
    JanCee Posts: 1,241 Forumite
    Do you know where I can get their cleaner from mi jardin?
  • you can buy it where they sell the pans usually, but not supermarkets.
    Are you going into town over the weekend? Maybe pop into Debenhams or local Department store.
  • Fruball
    Fruball Posts: 5,822 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    JanCee wrote: »

    I won't go into the culinary disaster that was last nights dinner, but if anyone has any tips to neutralise the smell I would be forever grateful.

    Oh no! Please do - I do like a good disaster story
    :o

    Which is why I love the OS Disasters thread so much... maybe you could add yours :D
    Putting these winter preps here so I don't forget! 

    Curtain pole installed in the living room
    Paint curtain pole
    Window quilts for landing window & french door
    Add shrink film to the kitchen door & insulate
    Insulate front door
    Bubble wrap windows & french door
    Wash front door curtain
    Blind for the bathroom
    Find wrist warmers & the wool socks!
    Wash heated throws
    Wash duvet & wool blankets
    Buy vest tops to go under clothes and PJs
    Buy nets for bathroom and kitchen
    Buy or make blind for kitchen
  • JanCee
    JanCee Posts: 1,241 Forumite
    Well lets just say that I don't think anyone will want to replicate my "Ariel chicken casserole" in a hurry.
  • Fruball
    Fruball Posts: 5,822 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    JanCee wrote: »
    Well lets just say that I don't think anyone will want to replicate my "Ariel chicken casserole" in a hurry.


    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Putting these winter preps here so I don't forget! 

    Curtain pole installed in the living room
    Paint curtain pole
    Window quilts for landing window & french door
    Add shrink film to the kitchen door & insulate
    Insulate front door
    Bubble wrap windows & french door
    Wash front door curtain
    Blind for the bathroom
    Find wrist warmers & the wool socks!
    Wash heated throws
    Wash duvet & wool blankets
    Buy vest tops to go under clothes and PJs
    Buy nets for bathroom and kitchen
    Buy or make blind for kitchen
  • How about leaving it to soak overnight in a weak solution of bleach to get rid of stains then rinse, then overnight again in vinegar and bicarb to get rid of smells?
    Save £12k in 2012 no.49 £10,250/£12,000
    Save £12k in 2013 no.34 £11,800/£12,000
    'How much can you save' thread = £7,050
    Total=£29,100
    Mfi3 no. 88: Balance Jan '06 = £63,000. :mad:
    Balance 23.11.09 = £nil. :)
  • Fruball
    Fruball Posts: 5,822 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Milton (or similar to get rid of stains) then leave outside to the elements for a couple of nights - that should work.

    (still giggling at ariel chicken casserole :D)
    Putting these winter preps here so I don't forget! 

    Curtain pole installed in the living room
    Paint curtain pole
    Window quilts for landing window & french door
    Add shrink film to the kitchen door & insulate
    Insulate front door
    Bubble wrap windows & french door
    Wash front door curtain
    Blind for the bathroom
    Find wrist warmers & the wool socks!
    Wash heated throws
    Wash duvet & wool blankets
    Buy vest tops to go under clothes and PJs
    Buy nets for bathroom and kitchen
    Buy or make blind for kitchen
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.