We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Mealplans WB 13th November 2010
Comments
-
I'm thinking of having..
Monday - pasta and tomato sauce
Tuesday - cottage pie
Wednesday - prawn stir fry
Thursday - curry and rice
Friday - jacket spud with cottage cheese, capers and red onion (my fav!)
Saturday - salmon and veggies
Sunday - pork steak and veggies
Happy planning!At least the fish fingers are still frozen, that's what I keep telling myself (Truly Madly Deeply)0 -
evening x
this week im planning on the following...
Friday chicken stir fry
Saturday chicken or pork stew
Sunday Roast chicken, potatoes, carrots, peas, sweetcorn, butterbeans (if i work them out right, big bag of dried to start using) 5ish pm boys will have pancakes
Monday something with left over chicken maybe pasta bake
Tuesday Chicken and rice with veg
Wednesday Meatballs and pasta (boys) jacket with beans (me)
Thursday Breaded chicken and homemade chips with beans (boys) jacket and beans (me)
breakfasts are yoghurts and fruit (me) boys have cereal and toast, snacks will be crackers, ryvitas and cream cheese, fruit, jelly or yoghurts (im on a diet so trying to be better this week)Debt free :beer:
Married 15/02/14:D0 -
Not anymore really Burp! I have UC so I cant always eat proper food, gives me a bit of a rest evening, I will sometimes have 1/2 a meal replacement to get some calories down

Saying this will be looking forward to tea on mum at the weekend
I had to read what UC was. Do you eat at lunchtime? or is your diet the same then too????
I have mentioned your posts to my Husband the last few weeks, saying how little it seems. But that's now understandable!We spend money we don't have, on things that we don't need, to impress people we don't like. I don't and I'm happy!:dance: Mortgage Free Wannabe :dance:Overpayments Made: £5400 - Interest Saved: £11,550 - Months Saved: 240 -
Some wee changes...scored some ace soup veg last night

Monday - Homemade soup, 1/2 cup
Tuesday- Pot of tea + Homemade soup 1/2 cup
Wednesday - Pot of tea
Thursday - Homemade soup + whoopsie pitta
Friday - Scrambled eggs
Julie - I usually have herbal tea at lunchtime, or slug 1/2 an ensure(meal replacement juice)
Gotta love whoopsies.. nice homemade soup is on the cards :rotfl:OU Law studentMay Grocery challenge£30/ £110 -
Gosh doesn't time fly! Well here is next weeks ideas. going to take advantage of the M&S Dine In deal for Sunday lunch. Will also pick up some sausages - cook half and freeze half.
Sunday - Roast chicken with veg
Monday - Chicken (for me), Cheese and tomato(for OH) rolls,Chicken curry
Tuesday - cous cous salad, sausages with leek mash
Wednesday - pasta salad with roasted peppers, chicken and mushroom casserole
Thursday - pbj, Chili
Friday tuna pasta salad, Italian Bean Casserole
Making the bean casserole this weekend so that should do a few freezer meals over the next few weeks. Going to make leek and potato soup too. Been making packed lunches for OH as well and think this will save us amost £100 a month. So far he is enjoying them but struggling to think up new ideas. Anyone think of anything?MFW 91 op 2014 £410/1000
MFW 91 op 2015 £4051/4000
MFW 91 op 2016 £4040/4000
MFW 91 op 2017 £812/45000 -
Only one of you roasts a lump of meat for Sunday.
DD moved out a few months ago & now its just the two of us, I am trying to think outside the box a bit re Sunday roasts.
As I have more time on Sunday it would be a good day to do more complicated recipes.
We've had chicken quite a few Sundays, healthier than red meat. We used to have beef nearly every week (there is good cutting on a joint of beef as they say). But def trying to eat more chicken.0 -
-
Trying not to spend any money on food next week so might be a toughie!
S -Sausages, beans and a jacket potato
S - we have a gammon joint, so maybe soup, then gammon, hm bread, cheeses, pickles, picnic type dinner, maybe save a couple of sausages and do some sausage rolls too.
M - Spag Bol
T - Chicken drumsticks and potato bake
W - Chicken Kiev and mash (OH will HATE this)
T - Bacon and mushroom pasta bake
F - Pork and prawn fried rice
That will clear our freezer and make room for the next shop
Lunches - now that i am temporarily a lady of leisure, I can make more effort with lunches, going to eat lots of eggs as these are free! Omlette, boiled, scrambled poached. Enough to keep me going.Annual Grocery Budget £364.00/£1500
Debt payments 2012 £433.270 -
Here goes with another week's mealplans:
Monday - Chicken Saag Masala with rice and extra vegetables.
Tuesday - Soup
Wednesday - Not sure yet
Thursday - Piri Piri Prawn Stir-Fry
Friday - Shepherd's Pie with Veg
Saturday - Not sure, might do a jambalaya
Sunday - Roast Lamb, potatoes, vegetables.
I just fancied a change, so I'm trying out some different dishes. Hence the piri piri and the roast lamb - I don't do that often as I've not had a lot of practice with lamb and I don't like failing
Lunches will be sandwiches or leftovers, and there will be (soon) some cakes for snacks. Have a good week, everyone.
KB xxTrying for daily wins, and a little security in an insecure world.0 -
Still using up freezer and store cupboard contents this week:
Mon: Carnitas with pico de gallo & salad
Tues: Sausage and leek casserole w/ dumplings
Weds: Quesadillas and salad
Thurs: Out
Fri: Thai red curry w/ rice
Sat: HM breaded chicken nuggets & chips
Sun: Slow cooker Game stew w/ mashed swede and vegDFW Nerd 941 Proud to be dealing with my debt
August GC £0/£3000
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
