Is it the end, or just the beginning.....?

Options
Almost 4 years have passed since I joined MSE. Laden with almost £100k of debt (and it had been worse) and no idea how to get out of the hole we were in, I was directed by Willsnarf83 (who doesn't appear much now, but to whom I will be forever grateful) to this site.

Instantly, the relief of no longer being in this on our own was immense. Whatever my difficulties, whatever I needed to face, someone was always there to face it with me. Given that we had kept our debt secret from everyone in real life, this was an absolute lifesaver.

I learned how to take advantage of glitches, how to make more of what I have, and how to remain strong with financial institutions who really like to play the big guy, when they know the chips are down.

I've had tears, of sadness, of anger, of sheer frustration, but also tears of joy as the friends I have made on this site have, day after day, kept me going.

And I have had more diaries than I can even remember, all with the aim of being debt free by 40.....

So, I am almost there - this should be the last "DFW" chapter in my life. I was 40 a couple of days ago, and whilst I am not quite debt free yet, if all goes according to plan, then I will be by Christmas. So after 10 nightmare years of debt, 4 years on MSE, I will allow myself to be 6 weeks late with my target.....

This particular diary is not so much the end of my DFW days, but the start of the rest of my life - there is still much going on in the background with my divorce, moving house etc, and lots of emotional soul searching happening, so forgive the quiet days.....but there is also much to be looking forward to. It is up to me to go and find it.

Once again, you will never ever know just how much you have given me. I hope you will join me for the final push.

xxx
Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)

Comments

• Keeping_Positive
    Options
    Oh another new diary. Hope this is the last DFW Hypno youll be soon on the MFW journey xx
    :j
    May 2013 new beginnings:j
  • se999
    se999 Posts: 2,409 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Hypno, best wishes for your new life ahead.
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,743 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    :j :j shiney new diary :j :j

How right you are not to quibble over the last 6 weeks. What an utterly marvellous thing to be near the end of this journey and have it continue on into a new one! :j :j

Lots of luck, you know you've given the rest of us more than you can imagine too xx
  • groatie_queen
    Options
    What a journey, and what a woman!

Wishing you many years of fulfilment, contentment and fun on the far side of all the years of 'negative wealth' (to quote Firewalker). You will get through the background stuff, there is much support for you here. On these boards, your presence and courage have been inspirational, thank you Hypno.

Hugs

GQ xox
    If you have a talent, use it in every which way possible. Don't hoard it. Don't dole it out like a miser. Spend it lavishly like a millionaire intent on going broke.

-- Brendan Francis

• urg123
    urg123 Posts: 1,997 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happy New Diary Hypno

6 weeks to be debt free - that's pretty amazing! I am really looking forward to see this chapter. Hope the highs are more regular than the lows and don't forget that as well as being your fans, we are here to be a shoulder to cry on, or somewhere you can vent.

*Subscibes*

urg x x
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hypno, your opening post to this diary brought tears to my eyes. A long journey, but a very, very fruitful one. Here's to your future health, happiness and abundance :kisses3:
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • JAMIEDODGER
    Options
    will be subscribng to this thread again:) can't wait to see the start of your journey toward MFW xxx
    November NSD's - 7
  • yummymommy
    Options
    Lovely new diary H as usual and very apt.

I really do hope that you "pat yourself on the back" now and again and congratulate yourself on exactly how much you have achieved in many areas of your life.:beer:

Of course I will subscribe as I have with all your other diaries.

I mentioned it a few diaries ago, but I really do think it's worth writing your autobiography.

Anyway a new era for you and hopefully all the divorce emotional crap will dwindle with time.:T:T:T xxx
    The past is over & done & cannot be changed. This is the only moment we can experience - Louise Hay
    "You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection."
    -- Buddha
  • kavics17
    kavics17 Posts: 2,235 Forumite
    Options
    :T:TShiny new diary:T:T

off to subscribe...
  • dfw844
    dfw844 Posts: 254 Forumite
    Options
    Six weeks? My first thought was, "how amazing, well done Hypno!"

My second thought was, "What am I going to read with my morning coffee?"

I'll really miss your inspiring diary when you finally make it to debt-freeness, but I shant begrudge you a minute because you have acheived so much and we will all be so so pleased for you! You thought you got a lot of birthday wishes? Am I the only one imagining page after page of congrats when the real big day (DFD) finally arrives?!
    Debt at highest Nov '06 £17,822.98
    Debt at LBM Nov '07 £14,231.63

DEBT FREE as of 01/01/09 now I have savings!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure