We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

MSE News: 'House prices could rise 16% by 2014'

Options
13»

Comments

• poppy10_2
    poppy10_2 Posts: 6,576 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What is the average house price today - about £160k?

Oh look..... in Jan 2007 the very same Centre for Economics and Business Research (CEBR) were saying house prices only go up and according to them

"The average UK house price was likely to be £225,000 by 2010"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6307239.stm

225-160 = 65
    65/160 = about 40% wrong
    or if you like to be kind
    65/225 = about 27% wrong

These guys are certainly EXPERT!! A cracking THINK TANK!!

CEBR are a bunch of jokers, just google their previous 'predictions', many of them are even more ridiculous than the one you posted.
    poppy10
  • BLT_2
    BLT_2 Posts: 1,307 Forumite
    edited 11 November 2010 at 5:15AM
    Options
    corbyboy wrote: »
    Is anybody else getting bored of MSE news articles with the words "might" and "could" in them?

Why do they even bother printing this rubbish? Is anyone else getting bored of MSE reproducing absolute drivel just because they have nothing tangible to offer on a money saving site.

It was a great idea when it started off, it's now dropped into an old formulaic site, with the same tired offers repeated again and again and the daily 'forecasts' on house prices, none of which mirror the one produced the day before

I cancelled my weekly email as it was just full of the same of 20% off at Debenhams 'offers' and warnings that oil prices may rise (give me a break, that's pretty much a fait accompli) - I can get better offers than you get on this site just by stalking ebay or walking down the high street.

Great forums, crap site. This post will stay up for about 4 hours until it gets removed as does any which does not congratulate Martin Lewis on his 'fantastic site'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport