🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

DVDs for a 12 Year Old Boy

Options
2»

Comments

• Alcmene
    Alcmene Posts: 652 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    OMG thank you all for your help!

I am happy for him to watch rated 13 but as to 15 I would need definite assurance that they are OK which is why recommendations are so important if I haven't seen them myself.

He likes ANYTHING, he is a huge movie buff.
  • one2escape
    Options
    It depends on your boy. I am liberal to an extent with my son on what he watches and if I say no there is a good reason for it and he knows. Some slightly more grown up things he may like are Lord of the rings trilogy, Evolution, Harry Potter, but it is really hard to choose if you don't really know the boy. You just need use your common sense as someone else said the some of 15's should be ok if you want to go down that road.
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    What's with this 13 business? Is it new?
  • lolly1981
    lolly1981 Posts: 746 Forumite
    Options
    you have to try some of the classic 80's movies, granted the FX arent what they are now but they are some great films.

the goonies,
    ferris beullers day off (any 12 yr old would love this)
    stand by me
    flight of the navigator
    willow
    indiana jones
    star wars
    back to the future
    beetle juice
    edwrad scissor hands

i am an 80's child lol but i do think they are good films, they were when films were films and not high action packed fast moving (often violent even the kids stuff) which over stimulate the brain and im not sure thats always a good thing!
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    We also loved National Lampoon's European Vacation at that age.
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    DS, 13, loves Only Fools and Horses as did my stepson at that age too!

They also both love Lee Evans but there might be some more 'adult' content in that.
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • Shelley84
    Shelley84 Posts: 236 Forumite
    Options
    I think Lord of the Rings is a great one for 12 year olds, it has all the good stuff in it, fighting, gore etc!! All the Marvel films are good for that age. Twilight is probably too girly for him but you could try it!

What about Lost? I think its rated 15, but there isn't much in it that is that bad, the occasional 'swear' word, fighting etc.

It would be worth looking at some films rated 15, check out reviews etc.
  • Alcmene
    Alcmene Posts: 652 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    OMG I forgot about the classics!!!!

As to per Twilight - I think he thinks it's for girls! :D

Does anyone know what the rating is on The Pacific? It looks good.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport