Tesco Food Delivery Late

Options
Had to bite the bullet and order delivery for a Saturday this week. Booked it for delivery between 11am-1pm. It still hasn't arrived and I've not had a phone call to say they are late.

I am not impressed as I have things to do this afternoon, I wish I didn't have to get home delivery, but as I don't have a car I don't have much choice.

I will be making a complaint and I'm going to look elsewhere for my delivery in the future.
LBM September 2012
Debt at LBM £10,573.00
Current debt £3,250 (29/12/20)
Current savings £4,950 (29/12/20)

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,096 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    stuff happens unfortunately- held up by traffic/breakdowns waiting around if people arent in when they are supposed to be . this has all happened to me over the years it cant be helped but its not the end of the world.
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Why not give the helpline a ring - 08457 225533, there'll find out what the problem is, and more than likely refund the delivery charge.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • Catslovelycats
    Options
    happened to me once
    delivery man was v aplogetic and gave me a £10 voucher off next shop
    they should do that for you too - if you want to use them again...!
    don't let it put you off tesco's
    I know there are various experiences on this forum but my local store is great with deliveries
  • Keeping_Positive
    Options
    Agree with ringing up and asking whats happened and giving them another go. I have used Tesco delivery for at least 7 years and can count the number of problems I have had on 1 hand and they have generally always compensated where needed.

Hopefully it arrived soon after your post.
    :j
    May 2013 new beginnings:j
  • Henry_Wood
    Henry_Wood Posts: 25 Forumite
    edited 6 November 2010 at 7:57PM
    Options
    Had to bite the bullet and order delivery for a Saturday this week. Booked it for delivery between 11am-1pm. It still hasn't arrived and I've not had a phone call to say they are late.

I am not impressed as I have things to do this afternoon, I wish I didn't have to get home delivery, but as I don't have a car I don't have much choice.

I will be making a complaint and I'm going to look elsewhere for my delivery in the future.

When I used Tesco home delivery, on the rare occasions the delivery was late the driver would call me on his mobile to let me know. All drivers are supposed to do this according to their customer services. Complain about it and either get your delivery refunded or perhaps even more.

I'm in the same boat re home delivery - no personal transport and I'm also disabled. I've been using Tesco since early 2003 but recently fell out with them over non-delivery of a new fridge/freezer. As a result of that I've taken my custom to Asda home delivery and so far so good. Also, deliveries in my area after 1.00 p.m. are only £3 even at weekends, and they also do 8 hour slots every day for only £2! It's no hardship for myself waiting as I'm in all day anyway. As a result I'm now shopping every 7/10 days as I can soon find £25 minimum per order and there is not so much to handle and store when it is delivered.
  • Henry_Wood
    Options
    CHRISSYG wrote: »
    stuff happens unfortunately- held up by traffic/breakdowns waiting around if people arent in when they are supposed to be . this has all happened to me over the years it cant be helped but its not the end of the world.

It can seem like the end of the world if you are waiting for an overdue delivery and are supposed to be elsewhere. While delays sometimes cannot be avoided the driver is supposed to advise the customer and they carry mobile phones to do this. (I once even had a call asking if he could deliver early to me. :T)
  • consumers_revenge
    Options
    Whatever you do dont swap for asda as they are hopeless IMHO, at least my local branch.

Pretty much always items missing or they are late.

Still at least at 5 PPM its a joy to wait on the asda helpline ( ussually for several minutes ) to get your money refunded.
  • Henry_Wood
    Options
    Still at least at 5 PPM its a joy to wait on the asda helpline ( ussually for several minutes ) to get your money refunded.

saynoto0870.com is often a help with these numbers. :D
  • anna_grant
    anna_grant Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I got completely fed up with Tesco about 18 months ago because of late delivery, crazy subs and it always seemed that the key ingredient I needed for something was missing.

I swapped to Ocado. Never regretted it - 1 hour delivery slots - subs and out of stock very rare.
    ¿Alguien ha visto a mi nave espacial?

Biting is excellent. It's like kissing, only there's a winner.
  • Henry_Wood
    Options
    anna_grant wrote: »
    I got completely fed up with Tesco about 18 months ago because of late delivery, crazy subs and it always seemed that the key ingredient I needed for something was missing.

I swapped to Ocado. Never regretted it - 1 hour delivery slots - subs and out of stock very rare.

Did Tesco ever try and entice you back with offers etc? I stopped using them only 4 weeks ago and am wondering if they will send me something nice for Christmas to try and get me back?:rotfl:
    (They credited my Tesco credit card with £30 over a misdelivery debacle of a Zanussi fridge/freezer. I ended up getting it £20 cheaper at John Lewis so I felt Christmas had arrived early! Also the extended guarantee runs for 5 years with John Lewis against Tesco' 3 years, same price.):T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure