Craft tutorials

Options
Wondered if it might be an idea to put all the tutotials on one thread (if thats in ok to do so)It would save them getting lost in the various crafting threads. :)
I would be unstoppable if only I could get started !

(previously known as mary43)

Comments

• Giggle
    Giggle Posts: 3,137 Forumite
    edited 5 November 2010 at 7:18PM
    Options
    I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It
  • Giggle
    Giggle Posts: 3,137 Forumite
    Options
    Lots and lots of great ones here

http://www.kerryspapercrafts.com/?cat=16
    I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It
  • mary-op
    mary-op Posts: 3,605 Forumite
    Options
    Theres the A-Z of craft ideas as a 'sticky' at the top of the page thats full of ideas (very handy) as well as the odd tutorial. :)

• mary-op
    Options
    Bumping this up to see if anyone can either add to it or knows how we can add it to the A to Z of craft ideas thats already a sticky

• LJM
    LJM Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    Options
    not a specific link to a tutorial but you tube have a lot for all types of crafting
    :xmastree:Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life :xmastree:
  • flourgirl
    flourgirl Posts: 3,415 Forumite
    Options
    About a year ago after making several Coaster Calendars, Covered Notebooks and Post-it-note Holders, I thought it might be a good idea to put them all together and make a Kitchen Organiser. Since then several people have made them and added their own twist, all of which are fabulous. A few people have asked for a tutorial on how to make them, so here goes.

First of all you need
    a piece of Mountboard 10"x7" (you can buy off cuts from ebay)
    1- 12x12 piece of patterned paper or 2xA4 sheets
    1- A4 Sheet of matching card (or plain white)
    1 long Notepad
    1 Calendar Tab
    1 Post-it-note pad
    DSC02705.jpg

Cut your paper and card to fit the board and your notepad make sure the piece for your notepad is long enough to fold over the back a couple of inches
    DSC02706.jpg

I use Double sided tape to stick mine
    DSC02708.jpg

Over-lap the back of the notepad it finishes it off better and strengthens the spine
    DSC02709.jpg

If you are adding a hanging ribbon you will need to attatch this at this stage to the back of the mountboard.
    DSC02710.jpg
    Then you cover the back sealing in the ribbon edges or you can leave out the ribbon and add magnets ontop of your backing card.
    DSC02714.jpg

I used the computer to print a label "Shopping List" and another for the telephone numbers. I cut mine out using 2 labels 4 nesties but they look just as good plain cut.
    DSC02715.jpg

When you are happy with how it looks, stick everything down well with lots of DST, add a few embellishments of your choice then add a mini pen (ASDA) and there we have a lovely useful Kitchen Organiser.

I hope you find this tutorial useful and don't forget to post your pictures of the ones you make.
  • craftgirl1960
    Options
    mary op - great idea for tutorials, I find myself spending ages trying to find links!

Flourgirl I love your kitchen organiser, how clever, your tutorial looks fantastic
  • mary-op
    Options
    Anyone wanting templates for hearts, stars, trees etc. for christmas decorations there are some here

http://www.activityvillage.co.uk/Christmas_templates.htm.

• LJM
    LJM Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    Options
    lovely thanks mary-op
    :xmastree:Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life :xmastree:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure