We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Bt free evening & weekend calls

Options
Chambeli
Chambeli Posts: 220 Forumite
edited 27 September 2013 at 12:37PM in Phones & TV
Bt are giving free evening & weekend calls on option 2.

Free UK¹ Evening and Weekend calls for a whole year are all yours. Simply sign up for 18 months on BT Together Option 2 Evening and Weekend plan and pay just £11 per month for a year ² - saving yourself over £47.
If you’re currently on the BT Together Option 2 package, you too can get Free UK* Evening and Weekend calls simply by signing up for a further 18 months.
We'll refund you, via bill credit, the inclusive calls in your BT Together Option 2 package. We'll deduct £3.95 per month for the first 12 months from the full monthly price of £14.95 (applied from 1 August 2006).
It's just another way in which we are creating even greater value for our customers.
To make sure you benefit from a whole year of free Evening and Weekend calls, sign up by calling us today on 0800 800 150

Sorry if its already been posted.

Comments

• bbb_uk
    bbb_uk Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    Options
    Oh yes, that's been mentioned before.

If you switch to Primus then you could enjoy free evening & weekends calls anyhow without having to sign-up for an 18month contract. There is no minimum term with Primus.
  • mobilegossip
    mobilegossip Posts: 1,163 Forumite
    Options
    bbb_uk wrote:
    Oh yes, that's been mentioned before.

If you switch to Primus then you could enjoy free evening & weekends calls anyhow without having to sign-up for an 18month contract. There is no minimum term with Primus.

Also if you subscribed to https://www.1899.com you would get peak 01/02 calls for just 3p connection.
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Also if you subscribed to www.1899.com you would get peak 01/02 calls for just 3p.

That is 3p per call,(regardless of length) and not per minute, just clarifying :D
    Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• Quark_GB
    Options
    derrick wrote:
    That is 3p per call,(regardless of length) and not per minute, just clarifying :D

Just to bring up to date (although I expect already done elswhere). In case anyone else happens across this as well as me.
    I notice 1899 website is now showing a cost of 4p per call. The same as 18185.

As a matter of fact, I also notice from my 18185 registration details that both appear to belong to, or be part of the same company.
    Hey O, Listen What I Say O. :wink:
  • ginger_nuts
    ginger_nuts Posts: 1,972 Forumite
    Options
    Quark_GB wrote:
    Just to bring up to date (although I expect already done elswhere). In case anyone else happens across this as well as me.
    I notice 1899 website is now showing a cost of 4p per call. The same as 18185.

As a matter of fact, I also notice from my 18185 registration details that both appear to belong to, or be part of the same company.
    18866,1899 & 18185 all have the same parent company . just use which ever is the cheapest for your calls .
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    18866,1899 & 18185 all have the same parent company . just use which ever is the cheapest for your calls .
    And you'll find that, at the moment, it's probably 18185 for UK 01/02, 077, 078, 079, 0845 and 0870 calls.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • JohalaReewi
    JohalaReewi Posts: 2,614 Forumite
    Options
    The catch with the BT free calls is the 18 month tie in. You only get "free" calls for the first 12 months but are tied in for 18 months so in the last 6 months, they are going to get back their money and more!! Take BT option 1 and sign up to Primus Saver 2 instead.

Do this via Quidco and uSwitch for £16 cashback.

http://www.quidco.com/?search=uswitch
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport