We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

I just can't work out my Orchid dialler

Options
I've just plugged in my Orchid dialler, and programmed it to dial 18866 for all calls, but tried to exclude

What I can't work out, is if it is working properly.
I hate to sound a bit dim, but it did say in the instuctions to press redial and make sure it was dialling, but it didn't say which numbers!

I tried ringing my mobile which should go through 18866 I thought, but I didn't get the voice telling me how much a minute it was, so does that mean it's not dialling 18866

I forgot to say, my rental is with the post office for the moment, not sure if that makes any difference

Help!

Comments

• acezing
    acezing Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    1. 18866 has been expensive for some time now.EG.5p connection dearer mobile calls etc,etc. Suggest if you only have a Orchid Dialer that allows you to dial a single supplier you use https://www.18185.co.uk instead as they are cheaper all round including 0845/0870 calls.

2.Have you got voice announcement switched on.

3.When you enter the calls you wish to exclude going over your low cost call provider eg 0800/0844/0871

1.Lift handset, led on Orchid Dialler will come on.
    2.Dial #**0800*01.
    3.Replace handset.
    4.Lift handset and press redial to listen for all the digits to go through.
    5.Replace handset.

Then repeat the exercise replacing 0800 with the number you want to exclude and replace last 2 digits with the next in sequence. EG. 0844.02, 0871. 03, and so on.
  • Happy_Bunny_6
    Options
    I'm thought I'd set my dialler to exclude 0808 numbers, but I just dialed 0808 and heard the message from 18866 saying it won't do that number, so thats not right!
    I followed the right sequence of button pressing, any help would be appreciated
  • hurrah
    hurrah Posts: 1,373 Forumite
    Options
    I'm thought I'd set my dialler to exclude 0808 numbers, but I just dialed 0808 and heard the message from 18866 saying it won't do that number, so thats not right!
    I followed the right sequence of button pressing, any help would be appreciated

Are you following the CLEAR instructions posted by acezing ? If you follow them to the T it works. Believe me i have one.
  • robert_harper_2000
    Options
    I had probs at the start but their customer service was excellent!! They programmed it from their end or something. It worked anyway lol
    Help me to help you :santa2:
  • Happy_Bunny_6
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks, I managed to do it at last!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts