We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

I want to claim back my charges but don't have a printer!

Options
Argh! Want to claim back my bank charges but don't have a printer to be able to print the letters off!
Also can you request them back without finding out exactly how much they are? Sounds daft but I can't afford to send £10 to each of my creditors to find out!
Total 'Failed Business' Debt £29,043
Que sera, sera. <3

Comments

• ukdrummajor
    Options
    try "freecycle" for a printer for free......people give stuff away instead of throwing it.
    When things in life start to weigh heavy on your shoulders, and people all around are having a go, just smile and think.......Fxxk em!
  • yung
    yung Posts: 700 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    your local Library will print them out for you if you put them on a floppy. but there is a charge of about 10p
    Yung
    Early Retiree debt & stress free. and Joined the SKI club:j

• Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    Some people are reporting having the £10 cheques returned. Please have a read of the threads on the Budgeting & Current Accounts board.
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    WHat many are doing is sending 10 for the DPA, then when the charge is returned using the proceeds for the next step.

Bare in mind you will need the court fees in a month, which can be around the 100 quid mark
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • CLAPTON
    CLAPTON Posts: 41,865 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    library for the prints
    invest £10 for your first creditor' bank charges and when you get the money back you will have enough to go after the rest.
  • kellyplanet
    Options
    Please read the information on Consumer Action Group carefully about how to go about getting your charges back. Then when you have read it read it again. if you make mistakes it will have a huge impact on whether or not you get your charges back.

Also because some of your debts are cards I would look into sending CCA requests to them. Read all about it on the website.

Good luck
    :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills