We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

BT Phone Service Down

Options
Hi,

Our BT phone service is down, the line is simply dead. I've reported this online and the system says it's a problem with their network and that it'll be repaired on the 25th October (bearing in mind today is the 14th).

They are diverting my calls to my mobile, but that doesn't help me with outgoing ones.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what can I expect to negotiate as compensation?

Thanks.

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,341 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    it's in here

http://www.bt.com/customerservices/downloads/OurConsumerService.pdf?com.bea.event.type=linkclick&oLName=link.searchresults&oLDesc=KB_244

so according to that, from tuesday, but you have to ring up when the fault is cleared to claim.

good luck, mine went out on the 19th Sept, was fixed (but not fixed) on the 28th Sept , so I had to re-report and went back to the back of the queue, did'nt get service back until Monday 9th October
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,692 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    dodgy wrote:
    Our BT phone service is down, the line is simply dead. I've reported this online and the system says it's a problem with their network and that it'll be repaired on the 25th October (bearing in mind today is the 14th).

They are diverting my calls to my mobile, but that doesn't help me with outgoing ones.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what can I expect to negotiate as compensation?

BT should automatically refund the line rental paid during this period as per their Customer Service Guarantee - after the first 2 working days. As you choose to divert any incoming calls to a mobile telephone, they will also credit you with £1/day to cover any outgoing calls you make.

Its also quite possible that the fault will be fixed a lot sooner than their website indicates - that certainly happened last time I had a fault.

As for negotiating more compensation - well you could try but I woudn't expect you to have much luck.

Regards
    Sunil
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family