We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Switching to direct debit/monthly billing

Options
I switched to BTs monthly payment plan recently, first direct debit went out on 2 Oct.My previous bill was paid on 23 Aug and I have one pencilled in my debt diary for around 8 Nov. Will I still recieve the November bill?

That's just over a month that I didn't pay anything, surely someone like BT couldn't POSSIBLY put up with that....could they?
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory

Comments

• sicker
    sicker Posts: 1,370 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Why don't you register your bt line on BT.com. You can gets lots of useful info on line such as an up to the day before list of all your o/g calls.

John
  • iwbus
    iwbus Posts: 147 Forumite
    Options
    I have, just wanted to know if I should be planning for a bill in the near future or wether I can spend the money in new, exciting and frivilous ways
    Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory
  • gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    iwbus wrote:
    I switched to BTs monthly payment plan recently, first direct debit went out on 2 Oct.My previous bill was paid on 23 Aug and I have one pencilled in my debt diary for around 8 Nov. Will I still recieve the November bill?

It depends exactly what you signed up to - if it was the monthly payment plan they will debit your account each month for the agreed amount, even if they send you bills quarterly rather than monthly

If you signed up to 'whole bill direct debit' option instead, they will take the entire (variable) bill each month/quarter, depending on the frequency of your billing.

Regards
    Sunil
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family