We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

How much have/will you spend today Saturday 14/10?

Options
Good afternoon lovely DFWs :)

I can't find the thread anywhere so I either missed it (sorry :o ) or I wasn't given the day off :rotfl:

I've had a super lazy morning! :D I've just done a little tidying up around my desk and while I was checking my internet banking, I saw I had 2p left in my current account (Monday is payday). So, I sent it to the credit card :rotfl: I've already paid £428.29 off it this month but now it's going to be £428.31 :rotfl: Every little counts, right? ;)

I will be going out this afternoon as I have two mystery shops to do and I am sure I will be spending some money too. I don't need anything as such but it will be nice to have some coffee out. Dinner is all sorted (fresh trout - never cooked it before :eek: ) so we have something to look forward to when we get back :)

Gosh, I do talk a lot don't I? :p Have a great Saturday everyone and hope all those feeling unwell during the week - we seem to have had a few - feel much brighter :)

Moozie x
Leason learnt :beer:

Comments

• saubryn
    saubryn Posts: 610 Forumite
    Options
    Today is looking like a no-spender. I was going to go out for a coffee but hubby talked me out of it.

About to grab a late lunch, and just relax and watch a DVD at home. I have some 'homework' to do for my business course too.

It feels like being a little kid again!
    DFW Nerd No. 140 :)
    Status as of 30/11/12
    [strike]Rent 2500 Council Tax 800 NlPower - 800[/strike][SIZE=-2]:j IF - 8000 :(British Gas - [strike]112[/strike] - 102 Lloyds - 1123
    Barclays - 306 Barclaycard 1,123 HSBC - 200 Capital 1- 400 Barclayloan - 4500[/SIZE]
  • moozie_2
    moozie_2 Posts: 3,063 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    saubryn wrote:
    Today is looking like a no-spender. I was going to go out for a coffee but hubby talked me out of it.

About to grab a late lunch, and just relax and watch a DVD at home. I have some 'homework' to do for my business course too.

It feels like being a little kid again!

Nothing wrong with being a kid again :)

Well done on avoiding the dodgy chippy and all the other take aways last night hun. Clearly not worth it which is a pity as a take away every now and then is not too bad but great for the pocket off course!
  • pms
    pms Posts: 161 Forumite
    Options
    Today I have spent £8.36 in Tesco

Gym ball (purely for my back as reccommended by my physiotherapist)
    2 chocolate advent calendars (being mega organised)

Won't be spending any more money today but babysitting again tonight so will earn some money as well :)
    DFW Nerd no. 177 :)

~ Car HP - £1447.41 still to pay - Final payment July 2008 :T

~ 26 monthly payments left of my Trust Deed :)

~ Clear Credit Report March 2012 :T

PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • saubryn
    saubryn Posts: 610 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks :) Its probably a good thing about the chippy - its just nice every now and then to not have to cook.

I hope your trout comes out well, you'll deserve a nice meal after mystery shopping - I did my first one a couple of weeks ago, even taking notes it took me forever to get all the details they wanted!
    DFW Nerd No. 140 :)
    Status as of 30/11/12
    [strike]Rent 2500 Council Tax 800 NlPower - 800[/strike][SIZE=-2]:j IF - 8000 :(British Gas - [strike]112[/strike] - 102 Lloyds - 1123
    Barclays - 306 Barclaycard 1,123 HSBC - 200 Capital 1- 400 Barclayloan - 4500[/SIZE]
  • Ruby_Pudding
    Options
    Quite a spendy day for me unfortunately :rolleyes:

£59.50 in Sainsburys this morning - groceries, cat food and toiletries for the week (plus Saturday Telegraph and Sainsburys Magazine)

Then took £30 out of cashpoint as going to a wedding reception in town, only staying a couple of hours but need money for buses/taxis and a couple of drinks each
  • moozie_2
    moozie_2 Posts: 3,063 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    saubryn wrote:
    Thanks :) Its probably a good thing about the chippy - its just nice every now and then to not have to cook.

I hope your trout comes out well, you'll deserve a nice meal after mystery shopping - I did my first one a couple of weeks ago, even taking notes it took me forever to get all the details they wanted!

I agree about the chippy. It's probably the only type of take away that I would really miss if we didn't have a decent one close by.

Thanks - I hope the trout comes out nice too :rotfl: MS takes a long time but it pays reasonably well. Today will be my 13th and 14th shops and in total I will have earned £145, so not too bad. Obviously, I'd prefer to spend my free time doing something else but it helps to make get the extra payments.
  • cattie1
    cattie1 Posts: 2,063 Forumite
    Options
    spent a £1 on "sweep" at work but have the potential to win £15!!
    goodness knows how much when i go home as I didn't have nephew last night so did no shopping so will probably have to go 2night.
    official dfw nerd club member no 214
    Proud to be dealing with my debts!;)
    Why is a person that handles your money called a broker?!:confused:
  • themaccas
    themaccas Posts: 1,453 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Moozie, our bank balance is looking very poorly so I'm giving it a rest today:A

I want to spend absolutely nothing this weekend.....I've had no 'no spend' days for a couple of weeks and need to break the cycle!
    Debtfree JUNE 2008 - Thank you MSE:T
  • cattie1
    cattie1 Posts: 2,063 Forumite
    Options
    cattie1 wrote:
    spent a £1 on "sweep" at work but have the potential to win £15!!
    goodness knows how much when i go home as I didn't have nephew last night so did no shopping so will probably have to go 2night.
    I won £11 on the sweep! woohoo!!!!:T :j
    pleased i paid £1 to gain £11:money:
    official dfw nerd club member no 214
    Proud to be dealing with my debts!;)
    Why is a person that handles your money called a broker?!:confused:
  • Mrs(no)money
    Options
    cattie1 wrote:
    I won £11 on the sweep! woohoo!!!!:T :j
    pleased i paid £1 to gain £11:money:

Well done you!
    Experience is the toughest teacher because she gives the test first then the lesson
    DFW Nerd 196 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS.
    Coins found whilst dog walking £7.56 Sun-Fri challenge: £10.00 - Spent £0.00
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport