DFS Faulty Sofa and being fobbed off

Hi

I am new to the board so please be kind!!:p

Last year bought 2 sofas from DFS on 4 years interest free (Credit company is Black Horse).

3 months down the line the black dye transfered onto the ivory cushions (its 2 tone). Called them - they came out, agreed and came another day to re-cover.

3 months later the same thing happened - same happened again and they recovered but did all in ivory without our consent - I have two cats so not practical as they thats why we bought it in 2 colours.

We called and said we did not want it in this colour (had left guys to it to re-do so was only afterwards) - stated we wanted the original combo as that is what we bought them in.

They told us it no longer exsisted - when we spoke to manager they said that was not true - so - came and did again, but brought all balck, so came out again and re did but with 3 cushions the wrond way round (zips put on backwards) and one done wrong way round so did not fit.

Another 6 weeks (yes now JULY 2010) and they were due to come out only for us to find the dye had run again (on the sofa we don't even sit on!)

So manager came out - again - and said ok we will change them for anything else in the store!!!

Went to store and the only ones we like are cheaper so we asked what happens with the difference.

Been offered a credit note for remainding money as we got it on finance (about £450). So NOT ONLY was it DFS fault which they admitted, but we are having to pay the full amount and use the credit note when we wnat new sofas which wont be for blooming ages and means we are tied to DFS to get the next lot.

I DO NOT WANT TO USE DFS AGAIN, have had to take nearly 2 weeks off in work to allow for them coming out etc, did not have the original sofas for longer than 3 months, has taken over a year to get this far and feel we are being cheated.

What are our rights? They state as due to being with credit company they can't refund and also they don't use black horse anymore. Is this right? Are they allowed to do this?

Sorry its long - just so so fed up!

:mad::(

Comments

• purplejac
    purplejac Posts: 122 Forumite
    Hi, you can contact trading standards the sofas are not fit for use, sale of goods act etc etc and also contact the furniture ombudsman just type it into google, they dont use black horse anymore that is true, the mistake you made (not accusing you just saying) was letting them fix it the first time but i know how hard it is with them, i dont know if any of my posts on dfs will help but its worth checking.
    They are actually doing not bad for dfs you have managed to get an exchange of sofa which is great just unfortunate about the pricing can you not maybe try for a slightly more expensive one and ask dfs to pay the difference i would for sure try it.
    hope this helps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport