We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

sad day today

Options
Having to rehome the puppy.He's 7 months old and I start my part time job next week.It's only 3 days a week(Mon and Fri 9:30 to 2:30 and sat 9-4) but because I have to leave the house at 8am to get the kids to school and pick them up after I would be out on Mon and Fri from 8am to 3:45pm.(One daughter has to be at school at 8:20,the others at 9.There is nowhere to park the car at work so I will have to leave it at school and walk).It's just too long to leave him.I was in hospital last weekend and of course he had to be left and he wrecked the garden and the house,and I got reported to the RSPCA for leaving him even though my dad went up there 3 times a day to feed him/look after him.I am so upset but I know it will be better for him.I will miss him very much.I partly blame my ex boyfriend for this because if I'd known he was going to leave me I would never have got the dog in the first place as I knew I was going to have to go to work and that I wouldn't manage to look after him alone.Things really can't get any worse :( I feel so guilty that he's being rehomed(they're coming to pick him up at 3pm today).Just feel like crying :(
Debts Jan 2014 £20,108.34 :eek:

EF #70 £0/£1000

SW 1st 4lbs

Comments

• dips_3
    dips_3 Posts: 90 Forumite
    Options
    sorry to hear thuis. I had to rehome my cats once due to a sudden house move. It is heartbreaking.

I know there probably isn't anyone who could look after your dong because you would have already checked that out i'm sure.

But have you enquired about the possibility of fostering the dog. I'm sure some organisation will arrange this - anyone else know if this is a possibility?

Then you could take him back when things settle down and he is a little less 'lively'

Hope things work out.
  • yung
    yung Posts: 700 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So sad indeed, I would like to have a dog again I had 3 in the past, but because I go away regurlarly and for that reason I restraint myself from having one.
    Yung
    Early Retiree debt & stress free. and Joined the SKI club:j

• lavidaloca
    Options
    You are doing the correct and most responsible thing by rehoming your puppy. Your pup is being destructive as he is bored and you're right the time he is left on his own is far too long. Good on you for being so caring. Big hugs - things will get better.
  • elaine373
    elaine373 Posts: 1,427 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Having to rehome the puppy.He's 7 months old and I start my part time job next week.It's only 3 days a week(Mon and Fri 9:30 to 2:30 and sat 9-4) but because I have to leave the house at 8am to get the kids to school and pick them up after I would be out on Mon and Fri from 8am to 3:45pm.(One daughter has to be at school at 8:20,the others at 9.There is nowhere to park the car at work so I will have to leave it at school and walk).It's just too long to leave him.I was in hospital last weekend and of course he had to be left and he wrecked the garden and the house,and I got reported to the RSPCA for leaving him even though my dad went up there 3 times a day to feed him/look after him.I am so upset but I know it will be better for him.I will miss him very much.I partly blame my ex boyfriend for this because if I'd known he was going to leave me I would never have got the dog in the first place as I knew I was going to have to go to work and that I wouldn't manage to look after him alone.Things really can't get any worse :( I feel so guilty that he's being rehomed(they're coming to pick him up at 3pm today).Just feel like crying :(
    Dont feel guilty. you are putting his best interests first before your own feelings. I think you are doing the best thing for him.
    “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. Your really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” Lucille Ball.
  • Ruby_Pudding
    Options
    ((((Toomuchdebt))))

It is heartbreaking I know but you are aren't abandoning him, you are doing the very best for both of you in the circumstances and that is a really positive move
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Will you be able to visit him?
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • summerday
    summerday Posts: 1,351 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there, i do feel sorry for you but you are doing the right thing.At our local animal shelter there is a big demand for puppies so i'm sure yours will be snapped up by a good family who have the time for him. I bet you have given him a good start to his life and you are trying to do the best for the pup now.

Sarah x
    Yesterday is today's memories, tomorrow is today's dreams :)
  • Penny-Pincher!!
    Options
    Hey Hun

I had the exact same thing last year. We had our westie "jake" since a puppy for 2 years, then my health became very bad and am now counted as disabled. Jake was being neglected in the fact that we were unable to spend the quality time he needed. He was and is a lovely little dog and I am getting upset just posting this:rolleyes:

We love and miss him so much....I posted about it many times last year....but I know it was for the best and he went to a lovely family with a farm. We get photos and emails. They live only 20 mins away but all of us would find it so difficult to say goodbye again:o ....he is in the best place and a loving home:D His new owners always comment on his excellent behaviour and his good manners...well we did something right:p

Hugs hugs coming your way, but chin up and remember it will be for the best.....I promise!

PM me if you want a chat-I got seriously depressed but am here if you need me;)

PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • Toomuchdebt
    Toomuchdebt Posts: 2,132 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    He's gone.I have cried buckets and am still crying now.I will miss him so much.He will be going to a family with children and they will send photos :( Not the same though.I am dreading telling the kids.
    Debts Jan 2014 £20,108.34 :eek:

EF #70 £0/£1000

SW 1st 4lbs
  • Ruby_Pudding
    Options
    He's gone.I have cried buckets and am still crying now.I will miss him so much.He will be going to a family with children and they will send photos :( Not the same though.I am dreading telling the kids.

I'm so sorry :grouphug:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family