Isis Solar - insurance question and repair isse

Options
Got the contracts to sign here...

Sceptical

What happens if the wind should rip off a panel, and damage your roof?

No mention of this in the insurance section

And what happens if you need to repair your roof under the panels? This could get expensive imho

Comments

• penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Check on your home buildings insurance.
    A better question might be what happens if the Feed-in tariff, Eco-Bling subsidies get reduced or withdrawn and the free solar PV panels business model collapses.
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • youmademerealise
    Options
    penrhyn wrote: »
    Check on your home buildings insurance.
    A better question might be what happens if the Feed-in tariff, Eco-Bling subsidies get reduced or withdrawn and the free solar PV panels business model collapses.

They'd be boogered, rather than you I guess, The feed in tariff is made by them on the free deal, of course

You'd be left with the panels making the paltry £120 a year. And possibly no maintenance

The feed in rate is 'guaranteed' for 25 years no? Agree, I'd be sceptical about that too
  • grahamc2003
    grahamc2003 Posts: 1,771 Forumite
    Options
    Got the contracts to sign here...

Sceptical

What happens if the wind should rip off a panel, and damage your roof?

No mention of this in the insurance section

And what happens if you need to repair your roof under the panels? This could get expensive imho

I'd expect those circumstanstances to be covered somehwere in the contract. The contract seems deficient to me if it isn't.

Could you do me a favour and settle something on my miond about these 'free' pv contracts? Does it mention anywhere anything about the Land Registry? Or even words like '... will be registered'.
    I'd be very interested to read what exactly it says about any of those.
  • youmademerealise
    Options
    I'd expect those circumstanstances to be covered somehwere in the contract. The contract seems deficient to me if it isn't.

Could you do me a favour and settle something on my miond about these 'free' pv contracts? Does it mention anywhere anything about the Land Registry? Or even words like '... will be registered'.
    I'd be very interested to read what exactly it says about any of those.

Nope, it's hardly a brochure, not even a pamphlet

More a sheet of A4
  • Arrem
    Arrem Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 December 2010 at 5:17PM
    Options
    Nope, it's hardly a brochure, not even a pamphlet

More a sheet of A4

The lease document is somewhere around 20 pages and is written in plain English. There is nothing in the document to get excited about as far as I can see.
    My Insurance Company are quite happy with the arrangement, as are the local Council Building Control Department.
    The covering info sheet is exactly that, one sheet of information.

Graham 2003 asks about the existance of references to The Land Registry. Yes, the Lease contains a Land Registry map of the house and surrounding area which has to be signed and returned as part of the lease.

youmademerealise asked "what happens if the wind should rip off a panel, and damage your roof?"
    Surely, that is a straightforward Insurance claim?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure