Internet Travel Agencies

Options
Hi guys

Has anyone ever used yourholidays.com, R-Travel or purpleholidays to book their holidays?

Seen some good deals through both of these companies, but need to reassurance as I have never heard of either of these companies before.

Comments

• HXDave
    HXDave Posts: 951 Forumite
    Options
    Basically, all operate different ways. some have real time availability / prices, others lure you into booking and paying, then tell you your request will be processed as soon as possible, and they will get back to you. if this is the case, you cannot book or look for anything else as you might run the risk of having duplucate holidays booked. alternatively, they may come back and tell you that the price has now gone up, and it was the last 2 / 3 seats, so they booked it for you at the higher price. there are a lot of cons out there, so just be careful. On the other hand, some are perfectly fine, and legitimate, and treat you as if you were walking into an agency.

now you will get a lot of people saying that they have used online agencies before, and never had any trouble, and that i am just an agent who is moaning because they undercut us. I have no problems with people using online agencies, and a lot of people love them when the holiday they book runs 100% to form. However you find that once just the slightest thing goes wrong, you find yourself stuck. sometimes faceless companies where you never get to speak to anyone human. others who will just come back to you and say 'that's in the terms & conditions, so hard luck mate', and others (thread is on here somewhere) where, in the case of Goldtrail collapsing, will charge you £40.00 per person to administrate your CAA claim (and you cant do this yourself as you require information from the company that only they have).

Please, feel free to use whoever you want, but please take a good, hard look, and make sure you know the full situation.

Regards
    [FONT=&quot]I used to be a Travel Agent [/FONT]
    Used to be a travel agent for 23 Years, but now out of the industry. However I will help with what i can.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure