Talk Talk issues.

Hi I am hoping that someone might be able to help me with my issue.

Talk Talk persuaded me to move from BT/AOL to them for land line and broadband services. They quoted a price and said that the changes would happen in 2 phases, first the change of land line and then followed 3/4 weeks later with the broadband service. So I foolishly signed up because the deal would save me lots of money over a year even including the fee of £45 that BT were going to charge me for terminating my service early.

What a mistake. The phone line changed without any problems but the broadband part did not happen.When I phoned I was informed that the broadband order had failed and they would have to put a new order through and surprise surprise the broadband charge was now totally different to the figure originally quoted.

Many unproductive phone calls later I wrote to the Chief Exec. My complaint was passed on to a part time customer service assistant.This totally sums up Talk Talk's attitude.

Three months on I still haven't got anywhere.They have refused to honour the deal that I was originally offered and have refused to compensate me for my time or the extra charges they have put on my account for services not being provided.Also I now have some sort of "technical" problem with my line that they cannot resolve.They also refused to check their tapes for the conversation that took place with their sales rep who originally offered me the package.

The advice I am seeking is:
Do I stand any chance of successfully taking them to the small claims court to recover money for the time I have spent trying to get somewhere with my complaint and get the money that I had to pay to BT back from them If after invoicing them they fail to pay me?

Also is there any point in me taking this issue to offcom. In reality are they likely to do anything about my allegation of miss selling?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure