IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking fine photo's

Options
Hello All

As per my last post regarding parking fine from Morrissons for staying over 3 hours in th carpark.
The debt collecting company phoned my house (cheeky?)and spoke to my husband leaving a message for me to ring. I did not know who they were so phoned the number and was told I now owe £115.00 for my overstay.
They have since sent me photographs of my car and my number plate but no times. It seems I was 17 minutes over the time allowed.
I have looked out receipts that say I was there at the beginning of the time and another at the end of the time I was actually there! I bought something a Morrisons 15 minutes before they say I left, I cant remember what delayed me by 15 minutes getting to my car.

What should I do? I am tempted to send proof of my shopping there but really want to ignore them. I wouldn't mind paying £10 for the time I was over but £70 then rising to £115 seems a bit much when I was actually shopping there.

If I offer £10 and they take me to court are they being unreasonable.

If they hadn't phoned my house I probably would have been happy to ignore them but I dont know if I still should now that I have proof and have spoken to them,

Please try the be kind in your replies and thanks

Comments

• trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 29 October 2010 at 6:13PM
    Options
    You just ignore, it's as simple as that. do not contact them again and ignore all correspond from them. If they do ring again tell them you will report them for harassment. So they have some pretty pictures of your car, so what? They have to go after the driver and not the registered keeper. Those pictures will not show who the driver was. By the way, it's not a "fine", it's an invoice.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • hillcats
    hillcats Posts: 899 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Do you mean harassment ?

Yep, ignore !
    ORIGINAL MORTGAGE AMOUNT £106,454.00 (Started Sept 2007)
    NOV 2021 O/S AMOUNT £1,694.41 OUR DEBT REDUCED BY £104,759.59 by std regular, over-payments & off-setting.
    BofE +0.19% Tracker Repayment Offset Mortgage Discounted Sept 07-10 then increased to BofE +0.62% until 2027
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    hillcats wrote: »
    Do you mean harassment ?

Yep, ignore !
    Yes! I blame it on my spell-check. I've now corrected it.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • lucylucky
    lucylucky Posts: 4,908 Forumite
    Options
    The title of this thread is incorrect as there has not been and will not be any fine imposed.

You ask "What should I do?"

The answer.

Ignore the scum, have no contact with the scum, do not engage in any form of dialogue, whether verbal or written with the scum.
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Options
    If they contact you again, tell them the debt is expressly denied and to pass it back to the ppc, if they don't they are breaking the law, inform them that their call is being recorded for training purposes ;) and you are logging calls by them, then hang up! If they call again report them to the police for harassment.
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure