Alliance and Leicester/ Santander

Hi

I wonder if anyone can please help me as this is making me ill. I have a A & L account but as was not paying the required money in kept getting charged as was not been used. Anyhow i went over my overdraft limit and rang up to arrange to pay £40 a month into the account to pay it off and once down to nil get the account closed. This arrangement was made last month with the collections department. I even paid an extra £40 this month. Am sure I was told on the phone that they would not charge me anymore. Anyhow logged on to the bank this morning to see how much I owed and I now owe £500 plus. It was prev 340 and another £100 in charges is to be put on next month. I just cannot pay it off with the charges going on. Have tried to ring them but they are not open till 8.30 this morning ( collections department) if i look at the account all it is is charges nothing else. Please can someone help before I ring them this morning

Thanks
August winnings Mcfly Signed Cd, £5, 27 Dresses DVD, Horse and Pony Magazine mouse mat,bag and game

Comments

• adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Do you have evedence to prove this
    "Am sure I was told on the phone that they would not charge me anymore"

If you have for instance the time of calling, the name of person who area saying that. Consult it back and mention about this when you complain, hopefully the one who mentioned that statement want to acknowledge, if not then it will become a problem.

This is typical if we got someone confirm about significant matter over the phone

What does the person behind the phone in Santander behind the phone has in common is that sometimes they do not have good knowledge of their own products, are not competent, and therefore quite often provide confusing info.

ADINDAS
    ADINDAS
    Hi

I wonder if anyone can please help me as this is making me ill. I have a A & L account but as was not paying the required money in kept getting charged as was not been used. Anyhow i went over my overdraft limit and rang up to arrange to pay £40 a month into the account to pay it off and once down to nil get the account closed. This arrangement was made last month with the collections department. I even paid an extra £40 this month. Am sure I was told on the phone that they would not charge me anymore. Anyhow logged on to the bank this morning to see how much I owed and I now owe £500 plus. It was prev 340 and another £100 in charges is to be put on next month. I just cannot pay it off with the charges going on. Have tried to ring them but they are not open till 8.30 this morning ( collections department) if i look at the account all it is is charges nothing else. Please can someone help before I ring them this morning

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport