Can i charge interest to Welcome if they missed refund deadline

Options
Hi.
My husband went through another company to get his PPI refunded from Welcome finance.

Welcome finally agreed to repay back the PPI and they were supposed to pay it back by the 6th October, however he has received nothing.

Would my husband be able to send a letter to them to advise that as they are now 3 weeks late with repaying the refund he will now be charging interest per day for the amount being refunded.
If he can how much would he be able to charge.
thanks

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    kelise wrote: »
    Hi.
    My husband went through another company to get his PPI refunded from Welcome finance.

Welcome finally agreed to repay back the PPI and they were supposed to pay it back by the 6th October, however he has received nothing.

Would my husband be able to send a letter to them to advise that as they are now 3 weeks late with repaying the refund he will now be charging interest per day for the amount being refunded.
    If he can how much would he be able to charge.
    thanks

Hi there

I am not too certain on this but the interest should be added up to the date they pay out to what I'm aware of anyway.
    Maybe someone will clarify, good luck.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

Highly unlikely as they should add interest automatically to any refund. So, you shouldnt get it twice.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for clarifying on this Dunstonh.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The important thing is to make sure they have added the interest that they are meant to. The redress payment should be broken down into how much is redress (and how they calculated it) and how much is interest on it.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure