Feel scared...

Options
how do you all give yourself that boost that everything will be okay? am really struggling lately.......

My husband and I have about £25,000 debt between us, which isn't so bad but it feels like a ton to me and whilst i know we are paying things off each month, i just can't see an end to the constant struggling and worrying

any advice/tips would be gratefully received :o
Time to make a change .......
Total debt £25,930 :eek:
debt free date - Sept 2011 (will try my hardest to reduce it!)

Proud to be dealing with my debts:D

Comments

• advent1122
    advent1122 Posts: 1,403 Forumite
    Options
    The boost you get is when you owe less this month than you did last month.
  • skintchick
    skintchick Posts: 15,114 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Do a signature and update it every time you make a payment. Remind yourself how far youve come. Read other people's stories to see how people in the smae level of debt got out of it, and just post here for some love and hugs.
    :cool: DFW Nerd Club member 023...DFD 9.2.2007 :cool:
    :heartpuls married 21 6 08 :A Angel babies' birth dates 3.10.08 * 4.3.11 * 11.11.11 * 17.3.12 * 2.7.12 :heart2: My live baby's birth date 22 7 09 :heart2: I'm due another baby at the end of July 2014! :j
  • yung
    yung Posts: 700 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How about posting an S.O.A so that the good folks here can help you. that will give you the much needed boost.
    Yung
    Early Retiree debt & stress free. and Joined the SKI club:j

• Psykicpup
    Psykicpup Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What are you doing at the moment? Do you know when each one of the debts will be cleared? If you give us a bit more info I'm sure we can suggest loads!
    I THINK is a whole sentence, not a replacement for I Know

Supermarket Rebel No 19:T
  • duncans-mum_2
    Options
    Have you worked out your debt free date using the snowball calculator? If you see the date to aim to, it may ease your mind that it will not be this hard forever. Keep telling yourself that every month the debt is going down, not up, or standing still.
  • sammyjo_3
    Options
    still new to all of this, what is the snowball calculator? would like to work out when we can be debt free

• *zippy*
    *zippy* Posts: 2,979 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Sammyjo

It does get easier, after my lightbulb moment I used to be very up and down, some days the amount of debt would just hit me and it would feel like a mini panic attack. Now generally I feel positive about it, you get the odd thing thrown at you and have to spend money not planned, but that life and can't be helped.

I think the snowball calculator is very helpful and charting how you are doing. I think this time next year I will have paid off a third etc thats what keeps me positive. Reading the success stories on here is very motivating or if you have a bad day you feel you are not alone.

zippy x
  • sammyjo_3
    Options
    thanks all

have done that snowball thing, wasn't as bad as i thought...... boost already :j

hopefully it can be seen in my signature.

• skintchick
    skintchick Posts: 15,114 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    THat's only five years - not so bad!! I'm sure you'll be able to reduce it too.
    :cool: DFW Nerd Club member 023...DFD 9.2.2007 :cool:
    :heartpuls married 21 6 08 :A Angel babies' birth dates 3.10.08 * 4.3.11 * 11.11.11 * 17.3.12 * 2.7.12 :heart2: My live baby's birth date 22 7 09 :heart2: I'm due another baby at the end of July 2014! :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure