Check your TalkTalk phonebills for what they call "a system fault" !

Options
I signed up to change over from BT to TalkTalk landline in February and whilst I had no problems with the line - they had major problems with making my line broadband enabled as it had previously been with BT (My broadband is from Tiscali) and it took over a month to resolve - during which I had to go back to dialup.

However, my bills seemed to be rapidly increasing despite being on their free evening and weekend calls package which is when I mainly use the phone. Further investigation showed that they were charging me each month for that months line rental - plus all the previous months! I was also being charged for the free calls option which I had been told was free for the first year as part of an offer when I signed up. Since 18th of September I have been trying to follow this up - and received an email reply saying -

"After viewing your account I can see that you have been grossly
overcharged for line rental. There is certainly a system fault that is
causing this. I have forwarded your account as a "problem account" to be
investigated further."

Despite emailing in reply and repeatedly - including to Charles Dunstones office (who forwarded my email to the mobile phones dept!) I have heard nothing further. I asked in my email and on my conversation with the call centre if my direct debit would be taken - got no reply and that failed as I had not been able to put money in that account in time for the bill which was over £80 last month. I requested assurance that my service would not be affected whilst this was investigated and yet on Tuesday my service was restricted to incoming calls only! Apparently after much debate following my phonecall I now have a special code on my account to stop this happening again....

If I havent heard anything by next week then I shall start pestering the phone numbers I have found elsewhere on this website for Talktalk (thank you)

So much for customer service and Charles Dunstones promise to reply within 48 hours...

Thanks for a great site
Celia

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills