IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

motorcycle bay help please!

I have a parking permit for outside my house and parking restrictions apply Mon - Fri 8am - 6pm. On friday evening I returned home and parked in the motocycle only bay as there were no other parking places. This was approx 10pm so outwith the controlled hours. On Saturday morning, again outwith the controlled hours, I awoke to find a parking ticket saying I contravened section 23 of the parking regulations. I have been unable to find the parking regulations anywhere online. I have parked in this space numberous times at the weekend before and never received a ticket as I presumed the regulations only applied at the controlled hours. I live in Glasgow. Can anyone clarify this? Do I have grounds for appeal?
thanks!

Comments

• timbo58
    timbo58 Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    edited 28 October 2010 at 12:14PM
    http://www.ukmotorists.com/parking%20regulations.htm
    23 Parking in a parking place or area not designated for that class of vehicle

I think only those specific places that have a marker sign showing that the regulations apply ONLY to certain hours then don't apply outside those hours.
    Other areas such as this, presumably apply 24/7/365.
    Unless specifically stated all posts by me are my own considered opinion.
    If you don't like my opinion feel free to respond with your own.
  • kwaks
    kwaks Posts: 494 Forumite
    I feel so sorry for you, no space to park so took up the space of about 5 bikes in the one area they are allowed to park.

I hope you have learnt your lesson, and in saying that you could post up the ticket details on pepipoo, scans suitably washed will be required front and back to check the wording.
  • patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Next time cover your numberplates and tax disc up. If a CEO tampers with the covers, they will have committed a criminal act.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

• taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    This is a council ticket and not a private parking ticket? PPCs like to use council jargon so just confirm here please.
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • adouglasmhor
    adouglasmhor Posts: 15,554
    Photogenic
    Forumite
    kwaks wrote: »
    I feel so sorry for you, no space to park so took up the space of about 5 bikes in the one area they are allowed to park.

Bike can park in an ordinary space just stick the ticket in your tax disk holder. But I don't see why we should.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head. Terry Pratchett

http.thisisnotalink.cöm
  • Keith
    Keith Posts: 2,924
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    patman99 wrote: »
    Next time cover your numberplates and tax disc up. If a CEO tampers with the covers, they will have committed a criminal act.
    I thought that law was changed?
  • kwaks
    kwaks Posts: 494 Forumite
    patman99 wrote: »

They can lift the cardboard.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,517
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Illegal to move a cover? They will just start towing away any vehicle with a cover on for failing to display
    a valid registration and tax.

So covering it up would also be an offence?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure