Hi there
Has anybody tried hypnosis to help them sleep
I live in the Tonbridge (Kent)area.
There are a lot of them out there but how to pick one who is effective
Thanks

Comments

• Debt_Free_Chick
    Options
    Before you go down the hynosis route, try Belinda Freeman at the Relaxation Centre in Tunbridge Wells

HTH
    Warning ..... I'm a peri-menopausal axe-wielding maniac ;)
  • skyrocket
    skyrocket Posts: 468 Forumite
    Options
    i'm a hypnotherapist . pm me if you like
    sky
  • Lillibet_2
    Lillibet_2 Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I used hypnotherapy for insomnia, I live in Surrey now but am originally from T.Wells (which is completely irrelevant!). TBH it wasn't great but I was also 3 months pregnant by the time I resorted to it (couldnt' have done it during the previous 5 years of sleeplessness could I ?!) which would have impacted, it did help a biit, more about learning to relax & visualize than anything. It is non-intrusive & if conventional methods have failed it is worth a shot before you progress to intrusive or drug routes.

Good luck;)
    Post Natal Depression is the worst part of giving birth:p

In England we have Mothering Sunday & Father Christmas, Mothers day & Santa Clause are American merchandising tricks:mad: Demonstrate pride in your heirtage by getting it right please people!
  • JillD_2
    JillD_2 Posts: 1,773 Forumite
    Options
    I had hypnotherapy for my wasp phobie (yes I know this seems hopelessly irrelevant but bear with me).

I was petrified of wasps having had a nest of wasps swarm over me when IU was 8. I couldn't even see one outside without feeling ill and if one was in the same room as me I would panic. Picnics etc ion the sumemr was horrific.
    I used to have toi turn the volume down and close my eyes of they came on telly.

Now I can pick one up ona piece of paper and carry it outdoors, or even ignore it in the same room.

Anyway what I am trying to say is if hypnotherapy can help me with this then I feel quite confidently that it can do anything that invokes some stress reaction which I guess insomnia does to some degree. I found my therapist through a recommendation but I suppose if I hadn't I would have asked around, perhaps ask at the doctors surgery if you think they are for alternative therapy. You could pick one out of the book or over the net and ring them , they will be happy to talk about what you want "fixed" over the phone and then you will get a feel for what you think they are like etc. If you dont like them I would say give it a miss, its important to feel relaxed.

HTH
    Jill
    Jan GC: £202.65/£450 (as of 4-1-12)
    NSDs: 3
    Walk to school: 2/47
    Bloater challenge: £0/0lbs

• skyrocket
    Options
    i agree completely with you. ring around from your thomson or yellow pages. you need to feel you can trust the therapist. rapport is very important.
    good luck with it. insomnia is no laughing matter but it's easy to treat with the right hypnotherapist
    sky
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport