🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Nightmare - bank accounts

Options
Hi I am with payplan and need a new bank account, as I have debt with my current account,

I have now appiled to 3 banks and been turned down for all of them, and even gone for current accounts which have no overdrafts and cheque books

anyone got any ideas????

many thanks
:heart2: 4 more years to being debt free :p
:A

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,106 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've got spreadsheet that if read with this link makes sense. The file is downloadable from their website. Or if you PM with your email address me I'll email them both.

Lenny
  • laccal
    laccal Posts: 100 Forumite
    Options
    i am with payplan and went to nationwide as this bank is not linked to anyone so no probs with credit card companies trying to get your money.
    all you want is a basic bank a/c. no thrills no cq book but you do get a cash card
  • penny698
    penny698 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    thank you I will try with nationwide, it is just a nightmare at the moment and going to try and get my bank charges back from Abbey
  • laccal
    Options
    forgot to mention i applied for my nationwide on line.
    then after it was accepted went into the branch with id and within two weeks had everything in place

they were very helpful and no questions about my ccj. (i think its because it is only a basic a.c with no means of borrowing or going o/d)

good luck
  • System
    Options
  • System
    Options
    penny698 wrote:
    thank you I will try with nationwide, it is just a nightmare at the moment and going to try and get my bank charges back from Abbey
    So long as you havent got any loans or credit cards with nationwide
  • laccal
    Options
    see link below
  • penny698
    penny698 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks to everyone, I am sat here crying because I still feel I am not in control of my money I owe money on my council tax my mobile has been cut off for a month now. Abbey have asked for there cards back so all the direct debits have been cancelled so now I owe more money. I am using my sisters account to but my wages in, but is a nightmare as she lives far from me, so it is difficult to withdraw money - sorry to winge not having a good week currently off sick from work because that is doing my head in. But the good news is that I have a new job in November, but the bad news is that my current job will are taking money off me for the annual leave I have taken which is about 2 weeks wages!!!!!

xx
  • System
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that. What has Payplan advised you? What are there intentions? It sounds like you' re in the early stages with them. You're in the right place.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport