IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NSL Services - Edmonton Car Clamping

Options
I woke up on Sunday morning to find that my SORNed car had been clamped by NSL services Group in Edmonton, a large sticker saying 'untaxed vehicle' and a notice with information leaflets.

My car has been SORNED and its still valid and the car is parked on Private Property (private being outside my flat, the area outside my flat is owned by an individual). I have checked that no one has reported the vehicle and they havent, it was just a random check by NSL (who work for the DVLA?) and they picked up my car was parked in a public area (they just guessed this, as no private signs were up).
I have spoken to the council who also say its private property!
Its Tuesday now and my car is still clamped, regardless of me telling them its private land, they say they need confirmation from the council, I have rang the council and spoken to them, yet NSL are still waiting for a response email. Even though the car is SORNED I did have someone collecting it as it was sold but to my embarrassment had to give the cleared funds back to the new owner and explain the situation, where do I stand?

Not only that but I have spent 3-4 hours on the phone trying
Can anyone help me please xxx

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    If you haven't done so already, register on pepipoo motorists' fightback forums here:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

Just copy & paste your post here into a new thread there as soon as you are cleared to make posts.

They will be able to give the best advice IMHO.

In the meantime I think I would go down to the right Council Offices in person and tell them to sort it out and that you will wait. Be polite but assertive.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    Get written confirmation from the DVLA to confirm that they still have it down as sorned. They are notoriously disorganised and may well have made an error telling the clampers. AFAIK any area that other people than you have access to then its taken as ""public"" and they could have clamped. Its really down to checking that the car is really sorned then go to town.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • nb790410
    Options
    I have confirmation from them that it is SORNd.

I just had two massive guys turn up here to my property, they thought it was hilarious that I was contesting the clamp, they laughed and joked and said to me what are you going to do about it. I told them they are breaking the law by the taking vehicle, it was sorned and on private property, i finally after about 35 phone calls managed to speak to a guy at my council who was willing to speak to them to confirm its private, however I have spent two days trying to sort this out and surely the clamping company should be the ones deciphering what is private and public before they clamp the vehicles. They had made a mistake and took the clamp off. However 3 days later, and i have spoken to the council, the land registry, highways agency, parking shop in st albans, backwards and forwards to the NSL parking group in edmonton, and had to leave work early so a complete waste of time and not to mention the tears because of the threats. I dont know what to do next in terms of taking it further. I have taken photo evidence of everything, including the guys trying to stop me photographing them.
  • Ignite
    Ignite Posts: 352 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Send the company an invoice for your time. They have made a mistake and it's cost you. If they dispute this, then follow it up with a 7 days to pay up before you take legal action. Then follow it up through the small claims court.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure