need advice please- never thought I'd get caught out

Options
eddie3625
eddie3625 Posts: 3 Newbie
edited 26 October 2010 at 11:29AM in Credit cards
hi

I'm new to this site and need all the advice I can get.

Earlier in October I purchased a product online NOT !!!!!! but TEETH WHITENER vain I know.I believed it was a one off purchase however I have come to realise via my credit card statement and by contacting the company that the product was actually a monthly subsciption. I have also realised that this is from America.

I have set in motion trying to cancel the whole thing via my credit card company and the company I purchased the product from. They emailed me a link in order to complete the cancellation however the link will not complete the task as it requires a State; a ZIP code and a valid telephone number.

When I purchased the original product, my country of origin was asked for and the electronic form that was required to be filled in, was changed so that it represented a form that details such as post codes, counties etc. could be filled in.

I have tried to recontact the company but to no avail, there is no email address to correspond with.

has anybody had a simular problem and can offer advice please

Eddie

My details were taken it was

Comments

• onlypaddy
    Options
    hmmmm....an un-named internet subscription from america? Come now, don't be shy - we're all adults here!

Anyway - sounds as though you have a 'continuous payment authority' set up on the card. the only people who can stop the payment is the company itself. so if they dont want to, you're f***ed
    Debts at LBM (May '08) £5760 - Lloyds CC £4260, Lloyds OD £1500;
    Debts as of May 28th 2011:
    Santander CC: £0.00
    Lloyds OD : £0.00
    DFW Nerd #1247 - Proudly dealt with my Debts :D Olympic 2012 Challenge #12
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    onlypaddy wrote: »
    the only people who can stop the payment is the company itself. so if they dont want to, you're f***ed

Although, ironically, that may be the service he signed up to.:)
  • eddie3625
    Options
    Thanks for the blunt reply, not what I expected.

just to put the record straight the product in question was for teeth whitener, a too good to be true offer which I admit I fell for.

eddie
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport