We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Boots Gillette Gift Pack

Options

Comments

• amanda40
    amanda40 Posts: 1,218 Forumite
    Options
    I'm off too - Great thanks to OP
    No Longer addicted to Boots! - Well not today anyway!! :blushing:

Officially Mortgage free 31/07/2017 , 12 years early :j
  • lousue0906_2
    Options
    didn't work for me either. I ended up paying £29.97, this was at Crown Point Denton. Both of the Stockport stores had taken the sets of the shelves.
  • CL
    CL Posts: 1,537 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    None in Belfast, the have a similar gift set marked at 12.99 but it doesn't have the extra pack of razors in it as far as I can tell, Saw another MSEr asking the SA about it but they didn't seem to know of any other set
  • Addy
    Addy Posts: 1,896 Forumite
    Options
    No, didn't work for me either, total to pay came to £29.97 so returned for a refund. Think this might depend on what type of till your store uses, ours changed a while ago and some of these glitches don't work anymore.
  • pin
    pin Posts: 4,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi there. Went instore and the packs were there (in the mens section, rather than the gift section where all the other mens packs are). Was showing as "new" and at £19.99. However went to till to check the price and it was £9.99.

Asked about the 3 to 2 offer at the till and was told its not the case. She said it was accidentally a 3 for 2 offer earlier today, but now the error had been rectified.

Even though, £9.99 for one pack is pretty good.
    "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind" - Mahatma Gandhi
  • D_J_Fryer
    Options
    Didn't work for me - the packs weren't in the 3 for 2 offer so scanned at £29.97 in total - as pin says though - compared to the other packs in the 3 for 2 offer this one is good value at £9.99 if you actually wanted one :lol:
    something missing
  • wishingonastar_3
    Options
    i got three on 3 for 2 offer late morning for same as op, feel rotten now some of you missed out. but many thanks to op, big saving on xmas pressies.
    £2 saver club 30th sept 198 £2 coins = £396(£350 banked)
  • pin
    pin Posts: 4,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i got three on 3 for 2 offer late morning for same as op, feel rotten now some of you missed out. but many thanks to op, big saving on xmas pressies.

Why should you feel rotten? You got a good deal. As for the rest of us, well we missed the boat, nothing we could do about it.
    "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind" - Mahatma Gandhi
  • hurdy
    hurdy Posts: 194 Forumite
    Options
    Main store in Birmingham, came up £29.97. Queried the 3 for 2 offer, they said it was on Christmas gift sets. I said, what about the 3 for 2 on mne's toiletries, they said that they were not covered by this. When I asked where it said that they pointed to the fact that they were in a different part of the store.

I said the 3 for 2 doesn't say it is dependent on where they are in the store. They then said gift sets weren't included. I pointed out that the t&c said excludes razors and gift sets, marked with a green label - the sets didn't have a green label so technically weren't excluded. They then pointed to the red 3 for 2 banner on the shelves under the Ted Baker gear and tried to make out only Ted Baker products were in the 3 for 2.

By now I couldn't be bothered - I think this one falls in the 'ambiguous' category and I couldn't be bothered arguing anymore. So I took all three as they are still a great price - as I was leaving I realised I'd got triple polints on Gillette blades, so had £11 worth of points out of it! Thanks OP!
  • mrsw
    mrsw Posts: 1,425 Forumite
    Options
    they didn't stock them in my local Boots (Staines).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport