We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Npower Energy Monitor

I have two properties both using Npower, however I only have one on-line account, log-in and password.

As a result I was only able to 'tick the box' to receive one energy monitor (for two houses!).

Sent Npower an email, no reply, then got a call from them saying 'sorry you can't have two'. Afte lots of raised eyebrows by me and speaking to a 'supervisor' and a 'manager' they still said 'sorry can't have'.

On my suggestion that I might embarrass them on this site, I was offered a voucher as a good will gesture, to the value of an energy monitor, so I could buy a 2nd unit myself (as they can't supply one!)

So now awaiting the postman, still baffled by Npower's "computer says 'no' "

Comments

  • MCGONIS
    MCGONIS Posts: 699 Forumite
    Your situation sound a wee bit unique.

    I would rather have two seperate on-line accounts to seperate the two properties.

    Sounds like NP have eventually done the right thing.

    Good on you for sticking to your ground.
  • Terrylw1
    Terrylw1 Posts: 7,038 Forumite
    They stopped doing them. There was some issues with the website they used to apply for energy monitors and other sites linking to them when they shouldn't have from what I recall.

    They probably just aren't doing them anymore, so no stock, maybe? Did the T&C's state one customer or one hoursehold? If the latter, they should provide one but do they even have any anymore???

    Better having the cash to get one of your own though I reckon, less hassle with Npower if it's faulty!
    :rotfl: It's better to live 1 year as a tiger than a lifetime as a worm...but then, whoever heard of a wormskin rug!!!:rotfl:
  • bronzie
    bronzie Posts: 108 Forumite
    They are being offered again now while stocks last

    http://www.npower.com/Campaigns/smartpower_electricity_monitor/index.htm
    If no-one expected shirts to be ironed then we'd all have time for more important things:T
  • davidgmmafan
    davidgmmafan Posts: 1,459 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I believe the offer is for signing up for paperless billing, so I can kinda see thier point. If however you have two properties registered for paperless billing on the one login then as others have said its just somewhat of a one off. I can see why they have the rule, and think its quite decent they've given funds to purchase another one.
    Mixed Martial Arts is the greatest sport known to mankind and anyone who says it is 'a bar room brawl' has never trained in it and has no idea what they are talking about.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.