bankruptcy/ creditrating

Options
i was declared bankrupt in june 2003. I am now clear and have been since june 2004. iwould like to know how to repair my credit rating if possible. I have a basic barclays cash account which i tryed to upgrade to a current a/c but was refused but offered a barclaycard and accepted. i pay my barclaycard every month way over the minimum amount but when i tryed to change to another type of barclaycard/ other company card for interest reasons i get refused. can someone please help !!!:mad:

Comments

• MPH80
    MPH80 Posts: 973 Forumite
    Options
    You're doing the only thing you can.

Have credit ... use it ... pay it on time.

Also ensure you're on the electoral register ... and have a home telephone line.

Other than that - wait until 2009 when the bankruptcy will drop off the file.
  • CLAPTON
    CLAPTON Posts: 41,865 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    why aren't you paying the full balance each month, then the interest rate wouldn't matter?
  • wullieb1
    wullieb1 Posts: 92 Forumite
    Options
    Unfortunatlely your stuck until 2009 when the defaults and CCJ will drop off your file.

You could try for one of the Capital One Secured Cards. Do they still do these??
  • Woo_3
    Options
    My OH was declared bankrupt in 2003 & has been discharged since April 2005. We are trying to repair his credit rating, any other tips would be appreciated, he has a basic Co-op bank account with an Electron card, but so far no other bank will look at him. He has a good salary & is on the electoral roll.
    Thanks
  • BYould
    BYould Posts: 77 Forumite
    Options
    Woo, I was discharged from bankruptcy just over a year ago and also hold a cooperative bank cashminder account with an electron card. I applied recently for a Citibank Sterling Current Account and got accepted and have a cheque book and VISA debit card, give it a try.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure