We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Combi Boiler - Setting up temperature, Radiators and Thermostat
Hi I have had a new combi boiler fitted and was wanting to know the best settings so I am not waisting energy and money.
My Salus combi boiler can be set at 25 - 70 degrees for water and 25 - 80 degrees for heating. so what is the best temperature to set both heating?
I have temperature regulators on all my radiators and was wondering if its more efficiant to control the temp on them rather than the boiler?
I do also have a room temprature thermostat to programme and overide the settings and force the heating off/on
If I set the heating temprature high and there for reach the room thermostat quicker will this save money or cost more?
Should I set the rooms not in use radiators regulators to low, will this save me money?
Any help would be most grateful and help me keep my costs down.
Regards Keith
My Salus combi boiler can be set at 25 - 70 degrees for water and 25 - 80 degrees for heating. so what is the best temperature to set both heating?
I have temperature regulators on all my radiators and was wondering if its more efficiant to control the temp on them rather than the boiler?
I do also have a room temprature thermostat to programme and overide the settings and force the heating off/on
If I set the heating temprature high and there for reach the room thermostat quicker will this save money or cost more?
Should I set the rooms not in use radiators regulators to low, will this save me money?
Any help would be most grateful and help me keep my costs down.
Regards Keith
0
Comments
-
The more your boiler is running, the more rads you have on, and and the higher your TRV's are set, the more it will cost you, as you are burning more gas. There's no magic to it!
Set your DHW temp to the one you are comfortable with at the taps.
Start with the boiler CH regulator at around half to two thirds and see how you get on.
Your room 'stat does not override the TRV's-they simply control the zone temperature for that room or area.
Did your commissioning RGI not take you through the controls and advise you of the optimum settings?No free lunch, and no free laptop
0 -
Best setting for hot water is 45-50c. once a month or so I give it a little blast at full DHW temp for a few mins at each tap just incase I have any bacteria growing in my pipes.
My heating setting is 65c-70c.
Make sure that you also have sufficient corrosion inhibitor in your sealed heating system and change this at least every 2 years.Serious Mortgage Over Payer - For Every Pound I Overpay Its One Pound Saved On Interest0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards