We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Wanted to stop transferring but told 'no'. That right?
Hello
I decided to transfer from Npower to Eon. I then got a call from npower saying they were sorry i was leaving etc. Could they tempt me to stay. They had an internet tariff etc which would be cheaper for me. Also, i was only 2 weeks off getting my £100 bonus for being with them another year. I didn't realise i would get this. I got it the first year but didn't realise it was every year otherwise wouldn't have moved at that point.
I said ' ok then I'll stay'. But then the guy said there was nothing he could do to stop the transfer and I would have to go to Eon but he could get me back as a new customer as soon as i had gone over.
I have been thinking about that and i am wondering if that is correct or whether there is something more devious in there - like do they get a bonus for attracting a new customer (which I would then be?). I said that well iin that case, I'll just go to Eon and stay there.
can anyone advise? thanks
I decided to transfer from Npower to Eon. I then got a call from npower saying they were sorry i was leaving etc. Could they tempt me to stay. They had an internet tariff etc which would be cheaper for me. Also, i was only 2 weeks off getting my £100 bonus for being with them another year. I didn't realise i would get this. I got it the first year but didn't realise it was every year otherwise wouldn't have moved at that point.
I said ' ok then I'll stay'. But then the guy said there was nothing he could do to stop the transfer and I would have to go to Eon but he could get me back as a new customer as soon as i had gone over.
I have been thinking about that and i am wondering if that is correct or whether there is something more devious in there - like do they get a bonus for attracting a new customer (which I would then be?). I said that well iin that case, I'll just go to Eon and stay there.
can anyone advise? thanks
0
Comments
-
Yes, the sales person probably gets commission for attracting you as a new customer. (if not directly, it won't do his career progression too much harm by enticing new customers to sign up)
Of course, it doesn't make much sense in wasting time telling you all the reasons you should stay for another 2 weeks at least, if they are letting you switch away in the hope you will switch back.
If you switched away, it was probably because you could get a better deal elsewhere (or didn't want to stay with the existing supplier for another reason). Not sure what makes them think you'll go back unless there was this discount you were missing out on due to switching 2 weeks early ... and one you'd still miss out on if you switched away and switched back."Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 20100 -
You agreed a contract to join Eon
Under that contract you have to stay with them for 28 days.
npower will bring you back after that 28 days.
You've probably lost the £100 as you need to stay with them for a whole year - a new count will start when you rejoin.0 -
You change in supply will mean your anniversary date is reset from your new start date. So, you wont get that back I'm afraid.
If it was an erroneous transfer it would be different or if you notified your old Supplier you wanted not to transfer. The latter being to block an erroneous transfer but it has to be quick as transfers are all real time and objection periods are quite short.
Suggest you check if the deal you were offered is purely for retention. They all offer better deals when you try and leave but to a new customer it may not be as good a deal.:rotfl: It's better to live 1 year as a tiger than a lifetime as a worm...but then, whoever heard of a wormskin rug!!!:rotfl:0 -
Hi ManicMum,
When you change supplier to E.ON you have a two week cooling off period, this is the time that you can change your mind and cancel the switch.
It sounds like this time had elapsed, this means your account will still come to E.ON.
You can then change back or change to a different supplier if you would prefer.
The best thing to do is to pop your usage in to a comparison site and make your decision from there.
But if you do need any more help or info from E.ON, Malc and I are always happy to help as much as we can.
Helena
“Official Company Representative
I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"0 -
are you moving to a online tariff from eon, you may have a cancel charge0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards