We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

uswitch npower eon - hastle following switch

Hi I recently followed the link from money saving expert to u switch to switch gas & electricity. Npower looked like the best deal so I followed the procedure with Uswitch to get this deal, receiving an email confirming the switch. Two days later I received a phone call from eon initially saying that they were calling me about I survey I had agreed to take part in with the opportunity to win £1000; I said that I had not agreed to do any survey & the man said that it would have been because I had requested a switch, I was not happy that eon had my details. The man at eon then asked about my energy use & tried to get me to sign up with gas & electricity from them, a deal that was £30.00 less than the npower switch. The tactics from eon were high pressure & I told them that I was not prepared to agree to this over the phone with this hard sell. I then phoned uswitch who could not understand how eon could have got my details from them as they said that they do not pass this on to another company. I seems to me to be too much of a coincidence that eon cold called me at this time & I feel disappointed that this appears to have arisen from the link from the money saving expert web site. I think that switching is not as simple as it is made out to be.

Comments

  • dogshome
    dogshome Posts: 3,878 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    CSCS wrote: »
    I think that switching is not as simple as it is made out to be.[/QUOTE]

    How right you are.
    Switching can go 'orribly wrong and when it does the suppliers expect you to sort it out

    Get yourself a bit of insurance by keeping a diary of all phone calls, Emails & letters, and when you are asked for meter readings and advised of the date of Switch, Email both the new and old suppliers confirming these details
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Hi CSCS

    I'm sorry you received an unwelcome call from us.

    Not sure about the particular survey our rep was referring to. There are a few different things going on at the moment.

    Our reps have to follow specific guidelines when promoting our products.

    We also need to comply with the Data Protection Act when handling customer information.

    Please contact us if you feel we have acted inappropriately in any way. Tell us the circumstances and ask for a complaint to be raised.

    Your complaint will be investigated and an explanation given. There is also an escalation procedure if you are not satisfied with the explanation provided.

    Again, I'm sorry you received this call.

    Malc
    “Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    To be fair, I do think it's highly unlikely that an energy sales person would bother wasting their time trying to get someone to sign up with them when that person recently had the gumption to go to a comparison website to find out the best deal for themselves.

    Someone who has recently done a price comparison knows what the best deal would be so is unlikely to agree to switch just because a sales person asks them to.

    Sales people in the energy industry prey on the majority of the public who have never changed supplier and/or have not done a recent online comparison.

    Don't believe all a sales person says, including but not limited to who they say they work for and/or where they claim they got your contact details from.
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • Eon phoned me as well after I did a switch with Uswitch. The caller had no idea about the various kinds of direct debits.
    Uswitch's site said the tarriff they switched me to (BG Energy saver 2) was Variable monthly Direct Debit. As BG do not do VDD's on this tarriff I was switched to monthly variable direct debit which I did not want. Uswitch did nothing to correct the error when I complained.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.