We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Reasons why an E.on monitor might not work correctly
I have an E.on monitor and the novelty has worn off so I took it to my son so that he could get bored with it after a week or 2:rotfl:
Connected the transmitter to his meter and plugged in the monitor.
Because it was already paired it should have worked instantly.
It did for about a minute then went blank.
Then it came on again then dashes instead of figures.
It kept working intermittently.
So I had a look around.
In his house he has 4 DECT phones, 2 temperature weather station things with 4 sensor transmitters, his wireless modem and when he checked, 3 wireless networks nearby.
He had in the past had to change channel for his wireless network from the default.
So that is 12 items all transmitting in the same frequency band. Without counting any DECT phones his neighbours have.
All his weather station sensors were put in a tin box, as well as his phones, to shield them and he turned off his wireless network.
The monitor then worked perfectly:)
He got bored with it quicker than me:(
Something to think about if your monitor works intermittently.
Connected the transmitter to his meter and plugged in the monitor.
Because it was already paired it should have worked instantly.
It did for about a minute then went blank.
Then it came on again then dashes instead of figures.
It kept working intermittently.
So I had a look around.
In his house he has 4 DECT phones, 2 temperature weather station things with 4 sensor transmitters, his wireless modem and when he checked, 3 wireless networks nearby.
He had in the past had to change channel for his wireless network from the default.
So that is 12 items all transmitting in the same frequency band. Without counting any DECT phones his neighbours have.
All his weather station sensors were put in a tin box, as well as his phones, to shield them and he turned off his wireless network.
The monitor then worked perfectly:)
He got bored with it quicker than me:(
Something to think about if your monitor works intermittently.
0
Comments
-
Hi st999
That's really useful info which I, for one, wasn't aware of.
I do know that when the display shows dashes it's usually due to a temporary loss of signal. However, that's about the limit of my knowledge as I'm not particularly gifted in such practical matters.
Not sure if our advisers are aware of this but I'll certainly be happy to pass the info on.
Many thanks for taking the time to highlight this st999. :beer:
Malc“Official Company Representative
I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards