We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Preloading an EON account

Puzled
Puzled Posts: 19 Forumite
I am a few weeks into the process of switching from EDF to EON online V3. I have around £200 credit with EDF (maybe a bit more after a frugal few months) I am very conscious that my last few readings will be far too low to cope with the winter usage and wondered if I could preload my new EON account with the EDF refund?

I know this isn't the best use of money and it could have made a few pence interest somewhere but to be honest I would rather be confident I stay in credit and the money doesn't just get swallowed in my bank account.

Thank you

Comments

  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Hi Puzled

    Entirely up to you but can see where you're coming from here.

    I would expect Direct Debit accounts to be in credit at this time of year as we near the winter period. However, as a new customer, you will not have had time to build up any credit yet.

    Just give us a call if you would like to make a payment. There is no problem with this.

    Malc
    “Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.