We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Best cashback or reward card WITHOUT a fee?
DemiDee
Posts: 529
Forumite
in Credit cards
Anyone have any recommends? I currently get around £12 back per annum, so don't want to have to pay an annual fee which would defeat the object of having the card in the first place.
Why do I want to change? Because my Barclaycard only gives 0.35 up to £1500 spend (1% thereafter) and my Amex Blue only pays 0.5% on the first £3500.
My income is very low at present, so no recommends for cards requiring a specific salary, please!
Why do I want to change? Because my Barclaycard only gives 0.35 up to £1500 spend (1% thereafter) and my Amex Blue only pays 0.5% on the first £3500.
My income is very low at present, so no recommends for cards requiring a specific salary, please!
0
Comments
-
I have a Capital One cashback card which gives 1% and does not carry a fee. I think you just get cashback if you pay off the total amount owing every month.
Edit
Sorry - just looked on their site and this now carries a fee of £18pa. I must have got mine when it was free. Sorry.0 -
I think all of them carry a fee now. If you shop at Tesco, you'll probably benefit more from the Tesco clubcard credit card. I get on average of £35 worth of Tesco vouchers each quarter, which is as good as cash.We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com0
-
How does the Tesco credit card work, do you receive money off while buying petrol etc?
You collect point when you shop at tescos.
These can be redeemed on your shopping (at tescos) for airmiles and also for tescos deals where the value quadruples (I think that may be going down to triple). So if you have say £10 accumulated in points then you can either buy £10 worth of food or £30/£40 of deals such as an RAC policy, hotel night or day out.
It's a good card especailly if you can use the deals but ONLY useful for people who regularly shop at tescos.0 -
You collect point when you shop at tescos.
These can be redeemed on your shopping (at tescos) for airmiles and also for tescos deals where the value quadruples (I think that may be going down to triple). So if you have say £10 accumulated in points then you can either buy £10 worth of food or £30/£40 of deals such as an RAC policy, hotel night or day out.
It's a good card especailly if you can use the deals but ONLY useful for people who regularly shop at tescos.
The website implies you get the same amount of points whether you spend in Tescos or not.
Granted, if you shop in Tesco you will be getting the clubcard points on the shopping as well, but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference. E.g. spend £100 in Tesco with a non-Tesco card and you get 200 points, use a Tesco credit card and you'll get 230 points.
The more you shop in Tesco, the more points you'll get and the more useful they will be, but the credit card itself doesn't exactly make you much better off.0 -
oops sorry, I mightbe mixing up the clubcard point with the credit card.0
-
The best would probably be the special capital one classic mentioned here
1% cashback, no fee and up to 56 days to pay.
It's got a high apr and limits up to £1500.Anyone have any recommends? I currently get around £12 back per annum, so don't want to have to pay an annual fee which would defeat the object of having the card in the first place.
Why do I want to change? Because my Barclaycard only gives 0.35 up to £1500 spend (1% thereafter) and my Amex Blue only pays 0.5% on the first £3500.
My income is very low at present, so no recommends for cards requiring a specific salary, please!This is a system account and does not represent a real person. To contact the Forum Team email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
