We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Switching supplier

2»

Comments

  • t0rt0ise
    t0rt0ise Posts: 4,762 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    What has often happened to me when I switch, is that they ask for meter readings which I give and then they promptly ignore them. Sometimes I argue and sometimes I don't, depending on whether it's in my favour or not. But do check your bill when it arrives.
  • t0rt0ise wrote: »
    What has often happened to me when I switch, is that they ask for meter readings which I give and then they promptly ignore them. Sometimes I argue and sometimes I don't, depending on whether it's in my favour or not. But do check your bill when it arrives.
    Thanks, will be checking bill thoroughly.
    Have done ever since our first EDF gas bill which was quoted at £1900! The man who came to read the meter read it completely wrong :mad:
    When we entered the correct details our first gas bill was actually £87....which we had already overpaid on DD
    Overdrafts transferred to MBNA £953.40/£4279.80 Car insurance (on CC) £461.98/£751.98 :mad: Bank of mum and dad £1500/£5000
    Total debt repaid £2915.38/£10,031.78 (29%):T Owed [STRIKE]£10,031.78[/STRIKE][STRIKE] £7400[/STRIKE] £7116.40 Pay off as much as you can in 2011 challenge £1127.60/£4000
  • Is it worth switching from British Gas to Southern Electric, any suggestions>
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.