We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Should I switch when hoping to move in next 6mths?

Judith_W
Judith_W Posts: 754 Forumite
I was looking at switching my electricity supplier as the deals showing on comparison sites are showing me a saving, however I am looking to move in the next 6 months (house going on market in January) so I didn't know what to do as all the savings assume you are there for the year.

I only have electric, no gas. Please let me know if I need to provide more information.

Also, I didn't know whether cashbacks would still be honoured if move house before a year is out?

Any answers?

Many Thanks

Comments

  • Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Yes, go ahead if it will save you money.:)

    Be aware of any early exit fees and the appropriate terms that may apply. Yesterday E.On indicated that they may apply even if you move home (and don't move the energy in your new home to the Eon tariff); other suppliers often do not impose early exit fees where the account holder moves home.

    Cashback is usually paid after about 3-4 months. Once it's in your account, they won't take it back.
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • bordercars
    bordercars Posts: 1,355 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    some companies dont charge if you move just that you may have to use them at the new address, check 1st but worth it as price rises maybe on the way
    Div 1 Play Off Winners 2007
    CCC Play Off Winners 2010
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.