We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Please help a switching virgin
Mean_Green
Posts: 8 Forumite
in Energy
I have never switched before .. I currently get my electric from Scottish Power and Gas from British Gas. I know I have probably been paying over the odds for a few years and I have now decided to act.
I have had a look at various comparison sites and they all seem to tell me the same thing - I should save around £360 per year by switching.
Firstly is this accurate - am I really going to make savings of that level?
Secondly, how can I choose who to go with - uswitch (to name but one) says that I should go with E-on on Save Online dual v3 which will save me £359.71 ... however the 3rd choice option is EdF enrgy Online saver 7 dual fuel which will save me £278 but give me £100 credit - so combined that would be £378.
So how can I choose?
Any help appreciated ..
I have had a look at various comparison sites and they all seem to tell me the same thing - I should save around £360 per year by switching.
Firstly is this accurate - am I really going to make savings of that level?
Secondly, how can I choose who to go with - uswitch (to name but one) says that I should go with E-on on Save Online dual v3 which will save me £359.71 ... however the 3rd choice option is EdF enrgy Online saver 7 dual fuel which will save me £278 but give me £100 credit - so combined that would be £378.
So how can I choose?
Any help appreciated ..
0
Comments
-
Don't hesitate go for it !
Switching is simple. You just need to arrange it with your new supplier and they sort it out. No need to contact your current suppliers. Personally I'd go with EON; the difference is marginal and the EON saving is year on year rather than the one off EDF £100. If you want to make even more money out of a switch register with a cashback site and switch via them. Uswitch and the like get a commission for signing you up. If you go via a cashback site you get the commission ! Personally I use 'Top Cash Back' but others use 'Quidco'. TCB are currently offering cash of £55 for a switch to EON, this is in addition to any savings you make from switching.0 -
The £100 credit appears to be a one off thing.Mean_Green wrote: »... however the 3rd choice option is EdF enrgy Online saver 7 dual fuel which will save me £278 but give me £100 credit - so combined that would be £378.
...
The £359.71 saving available elsewhere is a year on year saving."Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 20100
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards