Eon-cheapest yet can't switch??

Options
NEH
NEH Posts: 2,464 Forumite
Eon is coming up cheapest in the comparison sites.

We were going to switch using Top Cash Back but when we do Eon's website is saying it can't offer us any savings (I suspect as they base it on price rather than usage) and it won't let us switch to its new tariff as it's not even coming up in the list of available tariffs? All it quotes is it's energy plan and Age UK plan...

Anyone else had difficulties? We would prefer to switch using Topcashback as it's more cashback.

Comments

• Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Perhaps cashback is not available via TCB with that particular product.

However, as Martin says, don't base your decision on which tariff to opt for based on a promise of cashback (as it may fail to materialise). Go for the best tariff and if cashback is provided, think of it as a bonus :)
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • NEH
    Options
    Premier wrote: »
    Perhaps cashback is not available via TCB with that particular product.

However, as Martin says, don't base your decision on which tariff to opt for based on a promise of cashback (as it may fail to materialise). Go for the best tariff and if cashback is provided, think of it as a bonus :)

No that's what we did, having used cashback for years i know that it sometimes didn't materilise.

This is apparently the best tarrif for us based on our usage unfortuantely the Eon site don't base their quote on your usage which I think throws it out...
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi NEH,

I do know that the website has been going through a lot of maintenance in the last 72 hours and this may have caused you problems.

Could I just ask what sort of meter you have, as it appears you have only been offered tariff's for a pre-payment meter?

Hope I can help further.

Helena:)
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • NEH
    Options
    Hi NEH,

I do know that the website has been going through a lot of maintenance in the last 72 hours and this may have caused you problems.

Could I just ask what sort of meter you have, as it appears you have only been offered tariff's for a pre-payment meter?

Hope I can help further.

Thanks for the reply. No we don't have a pre payment meter. It did come up once wth the site having techinical difficulties but i switched from Firefox to Internet Explorer and that seemed to fix the problem until it wouldn't come up with the plan we wanted.

I'll try again later on then if it's a case of maintenence issues. ;)
  • Mr_K
    Mr_K Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    I recently switched to EON through TCB and got the cashback no problem (in fact its the second time I've got cashback out of EON, thanks guys !)
  • NEH
    Options
    Hi NEH,

Hope I can help further.

We've managed to get it sorted now....

It says online saver 3 and the one we wanted was v3 so i assuming they are the same?!

We've put in husbands name, is it possible to add me as a joint account holder once it's set up?
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    NEH wrote: »
    We've managed to get it sorted now....

It says online saver 3 and the one we wanted was v3 so i assuming they are the same?!

We've put in husbands name, is it possible to add me as a joint account holder once it's set up?

Hi NEH :wave:

So glad you have this sorted.

Yes, the online saver 3 is the same as v3.

You can add your name, all you need to do is contact us to let us know you are happy for us to do this.

I can do it for you if you would like, just use the email address in my profile page and I can do it today :D

Thanks

Helena :)
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport