We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Problems Switching + No Serials
charlie792
Posts: 1,744 Forumite
in Energy
I did previously post a few weeks ago regarding a similar problem but cannot seem to find the thread to re-open it; apologies its going to be long.
I really hope someone can help me out here because I moved into my property in August and have still not sorted my gas and electricity supply out.
Basically when we moved in we were told the supply was with British Gas, and I wanted to switch to Swalec who I was with at my previous address.
There have been many problems with British Gas saying they are still the suppliers and Swalec had not requested to switch, whereas Swalec were telling me they were taking over the supply on 11th October.
The gas was apparently rejected for some reason according to Swalec but British Gas say this was never requested. I finally managed to speak to a man at Swalec who phoned British Gas and got things sorted (apparently), again this then got delayed, and Im now being told Swalec will take over the supply on the 29th October. The electric has apparently been switched over as of the 11th however there is a problem with the letters I have been receiving.
When I requested Swalec to take over the supply I was told they had never supplied my property before, and the account was set up in my name. After a few weeks I received a postcard from Swalec thanking me for setting up an account but it was addressed to a "MR X"....all my letters I have received from Swalec are addressed to this name with a different account number to what Swalec have given me but are regarding my supply.
Swalec are telling me that the account number on the letters is nothing to do with me, but tell me I should have received all the correct letters (which they seem to be) but I have now become a man with a very random name, which according to their system they have no record of, they tell me the account I have is in my name and the letters I have recievied are addressed to me.
The have now told me that there is likely to be a problem with the supply they are trying to take over, and both British Gas and Swalec have asked me to confirm the serials that my meters have, however there is NOTHING on the meters that could be a serial number, and neither side seem to believe me. Both meters say 'Property of British Gas' and on the Gas meter is a sticker saying it was put in by british gas in 1989 and thats it other than the meter reading. (they are the old f3 style ones if that makes any difference?) So now Im having to rely on the ones British Gas gave me which say were for the previous tenant but Swalec are telling me they are incorrect...
Im litterally so confused by this and seem to be getting nowhere with them, and as for the serials am I being incredibly stupid? Both me and my partner have climbed a ladder to check them numerous times but there seems to be nothing there.
I really hope someone can help me out here because I moved into my property in August and have still not sorted my gas and electricity supply out.
Basically when we moved in we were told the supply was with British Gas, and I wanted to switch to Swalec who I was with at my previous address.
There have been many problems with British Gas saying they are still the suppliers and Swalec had not requested to switch, whereas Swalec were telling me they were taking over the supply on 11th October.
The gas was apparently rejected for some reason according to Swalec but British Gas say this was never requested. I finally managed to speak to a man at Swalec who phoned British Gas and got things sorted (apparently), again this then got delayed, and Im now being told Swalec will take over the supply on the 29th October. The electric has apparently been switched over as of the 11th however there is a problem with the letters I have been receiving.
When I requested Swalec to take over the supply I was told they had never supplied my property before, and the account was set up in my name. After a few weeks I received a postcard from Swalec thanking me for setting up an account but it was addressed to a "MR X"....all my letters I have received from Swalec are addressed to this name with a different account number to what Swalec have given me but are regarding my supply.
Swalec are telling me that the account number on the letters is nothing to do with me, but tell me I should have received all the correct letters (which they seem to be) but I have now become a man with a very random name, which according to their system they have no record of, they tell me the account I have is in my name and the letters I have recievied are addressed to me.
The have now told me that there is likely to be a problem with the supply they are trying to take over, and both British Gas and Swalec have asked me to confirm the serials that my meters have, however there is NOTHING on the meters that could be a serial number, and neither side seem to believe me. Both meters say 'Property of British Gas' and on the Gas meter is a sticker saying it was put in by british gas in 1989 and thats it other than the meter reading. (they are the old f3 style ones if that makes any difference?) So now Im having to rely on the ones British Gas gave me which say were for the previous tenant but Swalec are telling me they are incorrect...
Im litterally so confused by this and seem to be getting nowhere with them, and as for the serials am I being incredibly stupid? Both me and my partner have climbed a ladder to check them numerous times but there seems to be nothing there.
MFW 2020 #111 Offset Balance £69,394.80/ £69,595.11
Aug 2014 £114,750 -35 yrs (2049)
Sept 2016 £104,800
Nov 2018 £82,500 -24 yrs (2042)
Aug 2014 £114,750 -35 yrs (2049)
Sept 2016 £104,800
Nov 2018 £82,500 -24 yrs (2042)
0
Comments
-
Your previous thread where this was discussed is here:
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2775216
"Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 20100
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards