We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Energy Monitor - can't access meter
I am on an Economy 9 with EDF, with a dual meter system. All the meters of every flat in the building block are locked up in the basement.
What chances have I got to use one of those in-home energy monitor? I know they need to be clipped onto the meter cable, and I can't do that, or perhaps I could, but it would be a considerable distance, with thick walls in between. I really would like to be able to monitor the energy usage as my flat is all electric. I just moved in.
Many thanks,
Cristina
What chances have I got to use one of those in-home energy monitor? I know they need to be clipped onto the meter cable, and I can't do that, or perhaps I could, but it would be a considerable distance, with thick walls in between. I really would like to be able to monitor the energy usage as my flat is all electric. I just moved in.
Many thanks,
Cristina
0
Comments
-
I am on an Economy 9 with EDF, with a dual meter system. All the meters of every flat in the building block are locked up in the basement....
Contact the managing agent/landlord for access. There you have a very accurate metering system.
You are legally responsible for providing access to the supplier on request. How can you hope to fulfil your legal obligations if you don't have access yourself?
Use imeasure to monitor usage online if you don't want to do it locally on your pc."Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 20100 -
I am living in a Housing Association flat within a large block. I am responsible for paying my own electricity bill. To get access to the locked basement (which is actually in the next door block of flats) I need to wait for the block caretaker to appear once a week. So I could get access once or twice if I catch him. Not sure about clipping the monitor on the meter (there are two, as it is a dual electricity system), and whether the monitor will pick up the signal. I have rung various places to find out (Energy Saving Trust, EDF) but they don't know.
Many thanks,
Cristina0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards