🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Credit rating as 2nd hard holder

Options
Hi

I was just reading the news letter sent recently and it says 2nd card holders do not the same right as the main card holder. A bit scary fact to learn as I am the 2nd card holder

but I need to start building up my credit rating can I do that being the 2nd card holder? Or should really get my own card?

Comments

• KingElvis
    KingElvis Posts: 4,100 Forumite
    Options
    Being a second card holder will do squat for your credit rating, nowt. I doesn't even link you financially.
    "We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here, and we want them now!"
  • Its_all_Dinx
    Options
    ahhh thats a shame.

I think its time to get my own then.

I only use it to fill up petrol and the odd shopping here but I pay it back stright away its in my wifes name so I guess its been helping her rating

I used my debit card to pay for everything but I guess its time to get my own credit card now.
  • KingElvis
    Options
    Yep, this way is a dead end. Best to get your own card :-)
    "We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here, and we want them now!"
  • Its_all_Dinx
    Options
    one more quick question (am new to credit cards) can I get it in a joint name?
  • KingElvis
    Options
    I don't think you can have credit cards in joint names, in fact I'm pretty certain of it.
  • CLAPTON
    CLAPTON Posts: 41,865 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    one more quick question (am new to credit cards) can I get it in a joint name?

no you can't
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 4 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family