Money Moral Dilemma: Should I return the overpayment?

167891012»

Comments

• keep the money mate tesco are richer than you and the member of staff will be forgiven easily for a mistake
  • My immediate thought was: It's Tesco's mistake, tho' via the employee, and if Tesco's take the hit, tough; but if it will come out of the employee's small wage, pay it back. Then, however, I read the post by billbennett and others, and without answers to those, I wouldn't pay.
  • No doubt about this. Return the money.
  • It would be right to pay it back if it's really true, but I'd be looking for some definite proof first. There should be some paperwork which would clearly demonstrate that it's been paid twice. It sounds a bit fishy though.
  • I can't believe that you are querying this for one second if you are an honest person. It has nothing to do with whether the amount is £1 or £100 - PAY IT BACK and you will sleep easily.
  • Normally no question, subject to ratification, I'd do the only correct thing and pay back... BUT it's my arch enemy Tesco who as a company seem to lie and cheat their way to a higher profit at any cost so I'd be tempted to let the company suffer that comparatively small sum (to them). However I would feel for the member of staff ( the dilemma doesn't ring quite true) IF they were going to suffer even a reprimand, I know Tesco are not the most sympathetic employer from friends' and family's experiences and I know their wages are pitiful too. I guess I'd feel duty bound to pay up in the end, but would be disappointed not to get something out of Tesco!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure