Student reclaiming PPI?

Options
Purple-flower
Purple-flower Posts: 200 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
edited 14 October 2010 at 2:46PM in Reclaim PPI & other insurance
Hello everyone, I was wondering if you could offer me some advice. I am a 24 year old student and have had a barclaycard since I was 18. I don't use the card much, just once in a while mostly for big purchases for insurance purposes(because I was told it helps with the credit rating to use it, then pay it back in full). I looked at a recent statement and noticed I had been charged PPI, and suspect have been for a while. I don't ever remember asking for this, and as a student I really wouldn't have.

I have been looking through some of the threads about reclaiming and I am hoping to do so. I tried looking for the template letter but couldn't find it. Also, I'm not sure if I have any paperwork for it as I have a barclays account and I think the card is just linked to it?

Any advice on how I may go about claiming? Thank you, any help is much appreciated.

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hello everyone, I was wondering if you could offer me some advice. I am a 24 year old student and have had a barclaycard since I was 18. I don't use the card much, just once in a while (because I was told it helps with the credit rating to use it, then pay it back in full). I looked at a recent statement and noticed I had been charged PPI, and suspect have been for a while. I don't ever remember asking for this, and as a student I really wouldn't have.

I have been looking through some of the threads about reclaiming and I am hoping to do so. I tried looking for the template letter but couldn't find it. Also, I'm not sure if I have any paperwork for it as I have a barclays account and I think the card is just linked to it?

Any advice on how I may go about claiming? Thank you, any help is much appreciated.

Hi and welcome

If you were a full time student with no working income of working less that I think 16 hours a week, then you would not have been eligible - so give it a go on the reclaiming.

Just complete the reclaiming questionnaire as shown on link below, send to whoever set up your policy from the start, keep copies of all you send and receive, in case you need to refer to it at some point.

They have 8 weeks to give a decision but may write back to ask for more time, good luck and please keep us posted.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance#reclaim
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Purple-flower
    Options
    hello di3004, thank you.

yes I have been in full time education through out and still am. I had a part time job briefly through school but it was just weekends in a supermarket!

I will definitely give it a go, thank you for the link :-)
  • Purple-flower
    Options
    Not really sure what to say in the section concerning extra information about the complaint?
  • di3004
    Options
    Not really sure what to say in the section concerning extra information about the complaint?

Hi and good luck.

If you have any further information to give, then write that in that column, anything you feel is beneficial to your reclaiming complaint.;)
  • Purple-flower
    Options
    Thank you!
  • di3004
    Options
    Thank you!

With pleasure X
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors